required documents for cruise

talonferguson

technically yes a certificate of marriage which shows the name change although it is hardly ever looked at....

Its about 1 in 100 that they will want to see it.

just as long as the date of birth on the drivers license matches the one on the birth certificate.

She needs a photo ID to get on and off the ship, she needs (at the very least) a birth certificate to re-enter the US (and, accordingly, to convince the cruise line toet her board in the first place), she also needs some way ofconvincing Immigration that the birth certificate is hers : how does she do that if the names do not match?

She certainly needs a marriage certificate (with a raised seal - just like on the birth certificate) to ie the two together.

There is only one question: Why doesn't she get a passport?

I'm assuming that you are going on a Caribbean cruise that begins and ends in the U.S. Otherwise, she won't even get on the ship.

Regarding the state issued birth certificate -- it has to be an original -- cannot be a copy.

I can't stress enough how important it is to have a passport. At any moment, the government can require one to leave the U.S. for any reason. Then it will take months to get a passport. Now you can get one quite fast.

In 63 cruises, I've never been asked for my marriage license or divorce decree. They all know that most adult women will not have the same last name from birth.

BUT, you must make absolutely sure that the name on the photo ID matches exactly the name on the travel documents, including the airline tickets. They're getting really sticky on that. So, if the name on the driver's license says John B Jones, the airline ticket and your cruise documents say John B Jones

Please check with the cruise line or your travel agent about the need for a passport. I think that as of June '09 a passport is required for any travel outside the US including cruises to Caribbean. This deadline could have been extended but check to make sure so you have time to get passport if required. You don't want to be surprised at the port.

Please check with the cruise line or your travel agent about the need for a passport. I think that as of June '09 a passport is required for any travel outside the US including cruises to Caribbean. This deadline could have been extended but check to make sure so you have time to get passport if required. You don't want to be surprised at the port.

no this is not accurate. The WHTI(western hemisphere travel initiative) specifically excludes round trip cruises to the Caribbean, no change is expected for the foreseeable future. But it is still best to have a passport, although sometimes that doesn't help either

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/01/05/2010-01-05_agent_saves_flight_from_joan_rivers.html

That's totally incorrect. For cruises that start and/or end in the US, and go to the Caribbean, Mexico, Bermuda, Canada and Alaska a passport is not yet required. Congress, with pressure from the travel industry, changed the law, so no one really knows when a passport will be required for a cruise. BUT, if you fly to your cruise in a port such as Bahamas, or if your cruise ends in a non-US port, a passport is required because you're going to be flying. If you're taking a cruise in Alaska that embarks or disembarks in Canada, and you're flying to/from the port in Canada, you'll need a passport.

Archived