Anyone return from the Panama Canal 4/11?

twinkletoes915

I know that you cruised on the Millie, instead of the Infinity, so I was wondering how the cruise went? Was the weather warm in all ports? Any must do's? Anything we need to pack in particular? We leave 4/25 for Panama on Infinity, so any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hello twinkletoes,

Yes we just got back home from the cruise.

The cruise for 'us' was as perfect as it can be. It was warm or very hot (Panama, Costa Rica). From Cabo to San Diego was a little cool and windy but it was 'ok' (most of us were pretty well cooked by then).

It was first time for Millennium to be in the Pacific so even the crew was excited.

Wes

Hi twinkletoe,

14 days was a little longer than our previous 11day to Hawaii, but still only one larger suitcase (mine about 48lbs and wife'e about 45lbs)and smaller overnight bag or suitcase each. Things that one needs more is the underwear - when hot,one sweats a lot. Some of the outfits can be worn more than once....even that most people were dressing nice and tastefully, no one remembers who wore what.

There were 3 formal, 4 informal and rest casual.

I am sure You will enjoy the cruise as much as we did. I have with me all of the 'daily newspaper, "Celebrity Today" with all of the activities, so if there is something specific I can look it up or send you email.

Wes

Wes, What did you do while going through the Canal? I have heard that you can stay on the ship, or that there are excursions. We are doing the zip-line in Punterenus, have you heard anything about that? Lastly, who was the CD, I have heard conflicting reports about Nick, if that's who you had.

Thanks again!

We were also on that cruise it was just great, this was our first time with Celebrity and it won't be our last. The food was great as were the shows and all of the staff were the nicest people always anxious to please and always a smile. Lorelle

Hi twinkletoes,

While we were going through the Panama Canal (almost a whole day adventure), I watched with interest the canal and the surrunding scenery and I was taking a lot of pictures. Captain Karatzas was kind to us and allowed us to be on the helicopter pad (very good viewing area but very hot under the almost equator sun and impossible to withstand the heat for more than an hour or so). I also listened to the soothing voice of the narrator (broadcasted through the speakers) guiding us through every step of the way with very interestnig stories and comments.I was moving from one area to another( inside to cool off and outside)looking around and absorbing the views to my or my camera's memory. There were excursions after crossing the canal in Fuerte Amador.

The 'zip-line' in Puntarenas....I did not do it, so can not say much about it....I have heard others talk that it was not what they expected (dry season and not too much to see).

Our CD was Edwin Rojas (Millennium).

Wes

Hi twinkletoes,

I am sorry but I do not have the answer for You on that one.

I am sure You will be able to see everything very well as the ship is passing by the Panama Canal but some views are just a little better or more interesting when observed from the front of the ship (the live TV picture is showing the front view as well but it is a TV). As far as the sound is concerned, I do not know.

Even before You will approch the Canal, You will have plenty of options to learn more or a lot about it.....we had on board Dr. Stewart Nelson, a very interesting man who is a profesional oceanographer, writer,lecturer and historian, he was given a series of lectures under the Celebrity Discoveries Enrichment Series and some were about the Panama Canal. There was also a interesting movie shown about the Canal titled "A Man, A Plan,A Canal".

There were other lecturers and lectures as well.

The whole cruise could have been a very busy full of activities adventure or a do nothing and relax with a book or a bottle rest....whatever one wanted to choose.

I have been getting a lot of information from others before my cruises, so I am happy to pay back some of my dues and if there is anything that You need to know please ask...possibly I might have the answer.

If You need to see the daily activities or perhaps the specialty restaurant menu...I got them too.

Infinity should have very similar if not exactly the same activities.

I should write a review but I am not very good in writing and very slow in typing, so I will just try to answer questions.

Wes

Archived