Grand Cayman Snorkeling Island Tour Operators

mcb7099

We are going to be in Grand Cayman in July and I am looking for a reliable island tour operator that offers good snorkeling excursions. Would like to snorkel at Barrier Reef and also get in some swimming with the stingrays.

Thanks.

My husband and I booked a tour with Fat Fish Adventures after reading many great reviews on Tripadvisor. We cruised in April 2009.

The owner met us at the Hard Rock Cafe on time and took us to the jet ski launch area. We were alone with a very knowledgeable tour guide. On the way to Stingray city we stopped to check out the star fish at Star fish point...amazing! Once at Stingray City we learned tons about the stingray and fed them some squid. We noticed the other crowded tour boats in the distance while we had our guide to ourselves. After that wonderful experience he offered to take us snorkeling. I was a flight attendant for 10 years and I have gone on many diving and snorkeling adventures but this was the best by far!!! Our guide was so attentive and made sure we were comfortable at all times. I have had safety issues with some tours in the past but this company goes above and beyond. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Hi;

We will be in Cayman island on March 2010 and I was also considering the jet ski tour with Fat Fish adventure.

Is it safe for my daughter who is 10 but not a strong swimmer?

Do they go very fast?

Is the jet ski big enough for 2 adults and one child?

If she does not want to get in the water with the rays, can she stay on the jet ski?

Thanks for any advices and suggestion.

By the way, bonvoyage 15, do you speak French? because we are from Montreal and are french speaking people.

Happy new year.

We contacted Randy and Kerry about their excursions to Stingray City by email and Kerry (Randy's wife) answered our email very quickly with all the directions on where to meet et. We went to the Coral Gardens first and then to Stingray City. We had a super time with Randy and his hand Eddie. Half of us could swim the other half not, but we still had a great and unforgetable time. There was only 7 passengers on our tour, and only 6 got in the water. Randy the Capt. took pictures using our cameras from the boat while we swim and held the stingrays. The water at Stingray City was about 3 1/2 feet deep, Coral Gardens about 8 ft deep. Eddie, taught us the correct way to feed, hold and pet the Rays and walk in the sand when they came around. It was quite fun, safe and they kept a careful eye on all of us. We had a specticular time and will use them again the next time we're in the Caymans. It was fun, educational and very relaxing. ;) You can find them at http://www.sotoscruises.com/. The boat had a bathroom. They kept fresh cold water onboard for drinking, and provided a fresh water rinse for us after we were finished swimming in the salt water. It was a very nice day for all us.:D

Jan

Archived