Cruising in May

Ryanspapa

Would like to know from anyone who has cruised mid May how busy it is, we are looking at May 16th on Conquest. Have only sailed 2 times before and it was in late March. Haven't booked it yet, so just wondering. Thank you!

We try to do something every May. DW's birthday is the 19th and we have had great prices, not to many kids and not very crowded. Haven't been on the Conquest yet, but I know a lot of Crazies that think she os a great ship. :D

I'm not sure where the Conquest is going but I just cruised in May to the Bahamas and Key West and thought it was an ideal time! It wasnt over crowded at all. At one point my husband and I were the only ones on this balcony bar in Nassau overlooking the ships and Atlantis. It was great! We were the only ship in places and one of 3 in Nassau. And I thought the weather was perfect, but then again, we're from the Chicagoland area so we're used to the cold. :)

Our Alaskan cruise departed on May 17 and there were only 10 kids ages 6-12. Our Holiday cruise was also mid-may, not alot of kids either out Mobile. My son gets out May 15 so we usually vacation when he gets out. Mid-west schools (Texas, Ark, Missouri,Kanas) usually get out by memorial day. I think several Florida schools do too. We go Mid-aug to Mid-May. I think closer you go to the begining of may the fewer kids.

We always cruise during May.

We are Floridians, and we love cruising during May because:

1. Most kids are still going to school. Florida schools usually finish late May, so not too many children onboard. This is a big plus.

2. Cheaper prices (compared to June, July and August)

3. Weather is just awesome. It's as hot as Mid June, not overwhelmingly hot like August.

Enjoy May, this is our best "cruising secret"....

Thank you all so much for your responses. May 16th will be my husbands 49th bday, and we have never been to the Bahamas. We sailed Conquest our first cruise 2 years ago, and had a good time. We will hopefully be booking it soon. Thank again so much!

Very few kids onboard that time of year. What we didn't think about was the college graduation cruises that third week of May. Lots of pretty happy young 20somethings onboard. Most on our sailing were just funny (if a bit tipsy) but I would imagine that the wrong group of them that got too raucous could get old quickly.

Thank you all so much for your responses. May 16th will be my husbands 49th bday, and we have never been to the Bahamas. We sailed Conquest our first cruise 2 years ago, and had a good time. We will hopefully be booking it soon. Thank again so much!

I'm a May 16th baby, too. :p

Would like to know from anyone who has cruised mid May how busy it is, we are looking at May 16th on Conquest. Have only sailed 2 times before and it was in late March. Haven't booked it yet, so just wondering. Thank you!

I cruised May this year... on the CONQUEST!!! GREAT CRUISE!!!

No too many children... Plenty of FUN FUN FUN! Normal lines for grill when it first opens... Quick lines for breakfast and lunch in dining room... Pizza lines were small. Sandwich lines at Paul's were a bit long -- maybe four ahead of me at the most!!!! Sur Mer was easy!! Always able to find a table or slot...

LOVED IT!!!!

I said my husband was gonna be 49, it is actualy his 50th!!!!! I guess I didn't want to think about his age cause then I would have to think of mine LOL!!! A cruise would be a great 50th bday present!!:)

Mine was my 56th birthday cruise... May 7th!!!

Have a great one!!!!! :)

Archived