Open Air Market in St Thomas

Salt air hair

Is anyone familiar with an open air market in St Thomas that is nearby to a Fire Station (I believe that what it was)? It's a fairly good size market area, selling the usual items but did have an extremely good selection of quality silver jewlery. If anyone can help with this I owe them an Island Cocktail:D

I am not sure what you're asking. It sounds like your referring to Vendor's Marketplace.

Scott

Good morning and thanks for responding! This market place may be near the ferry service to St John's from where NCL or HAL dock. When we first left the ship we came to a fairly new shopping area. The open air maketplace wasn't too far from that.

Thanks Lasar110, I took your answer and went to St Thomas sites and found a picture of the Vendors Marketplace and that was the place:) If your anywhere near there on March 11 2010, shout out "Gail" and I'll buy you that drink! Many Thanks and best wishes for wonderful 2010!

It's called Vendors' Plaza and it's directly across from the fire station, but if you're coming from the Crown Bay dock, you'll see Vendors' Plaza before you see the fire station.

There are a few vendors selling sterling silver jewelry. One is named Penny, one is named Osuji, and I don't know the names of the others.

There are lots of other stores selling sterling, too, so you may want to check around. What ship will you be on?

I thought I remembered a fire station!!! Thanks for the info....We'll be coming in on the RCL EOS and should be there on March 11. I had found several nice silver pieces when there before, different, nothing that I saw elsewhere. My friends are looking for the Caribbean Hook Bracelets. She bought a couple at this market a few years back and would like to add to her collection. We hope to get to St John for the morning until 1ish and then return to shop and get back to the ship without having to swim to it. I had no problem making it last time, but this time I've got to keep four others on schedule...Again, thanks your help ~ gail

Gail, No problem. I wont be back on The Rock till October for sure, unless we happen to take a cruise before then and it stops there. If I am around though, I'll take a Cruzan please - 151 on the rocks.

Scott

Archived