New airline rules

ISLAND DIVA

We're in Hampton, just moved the end of Nov. from the Truro area, originally from Fredericton!! It seems all of the airports are the same, if you are coming in from or going to Eastern Canada, be prepared for a lot of walking!! ;)

I see you are going on the Oasis on the March Break. My sister and her husband, along with their daughter and her husband will be on the same cruise as you. They are from F'ton as well. ---So am I if you go back far enough.

My Eagle Creek Vagabond purse arrived the other day and it is perfect for dealing with the new airline regulations.

There are so many pockets I may have to make a master list to keep track of where everything is!

There is even room for my knitting needles...and wool, of course.:rolleyes:

Thanks Geriatricnurse for telling us about this.

You are very welcome!:)

I see you are going on the Oasis on the March Break. My sister and her husband, along with their daughter and her husband will be on the same cruise as you. They are from F'ton as well. ---So am I if you go back far enough.

Small world! My sister, her husband, their two son's, and DIL-to-be are coming with us too, they are from Fredericton! Does your sister know about Cruise Critic and the Meet n Mingles? We are all signed up and it would be great to meet them!

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic:o

Small world! My sister, her husband, their two son's, and DIL-to-be are coming with us too, they are from Fredericton! Does your sister know about Cruise Critic and the Meet n Mingles? We are all signed up and it would be great to meet them!

Apologies to the OP for getting off topic:o

I tried to tell her about CC and meet and greets a few years ago but couldn't drum up much interest.

About freakin' time! Yay!!

Isn't it great, Alison? Lorekauf is three hours behind us here in the Atlantic Zone so she is still sleeping but I can't think of anyone who will be more pleased to hear this news when she wakes up.:D:D Now she just has to worry about navigating Vancouver Airport in time.

Isn't it great, Alison? Lorekauf is three hours behind us here in the Atlantic Zone so she is still sleeping but I can't think of anyone who will be more pleased to hear this news when she wakes up.:D:D Now she just has to worry about navigating Vancouver Airport in time.

Yahooooo! I looked on the CATSA website this morning before coming here and I was delighted to see things had changed. I made it through layoffs with my employer yesterday so this is a good week:D!

It is more than great, it's fantastic! I did notice that there are still measurement restrictions on carry-ons but I think a new bag I bought recently will do the trick. :) By the way, who did you contact in Seattle when you were organizing the M&G on the Eurodam in August? I think I may have volunteered to do the same in March. :o

It is more than great, it's fantastic! I did notice that there are still measurement restrictions on carry-ons but I think a new bag I bought recently will do the trick. :) By the way, who did you contact in Seattle when you were organizing the M&G on the Eurodam in August? I think I may have volunteered to do the same in March. :o

Her name is Arica Hawley and her email address is

AHawley@hollandamerica.com

I found her to be very helpful and prompt in answering my questions.

Yahooooo! I looked on the CATSA website this morning before coming here and I was delighted to see things had changed. I made it through layoffs with my employer yesterday so this is a good week:D!

If you have any more good news today they will be pulling you off the ceiling.:)

Not to put a damper on things.......but Air Canada has changed their baggage policy - if you booked your flights after December 23, 2009 you can only check 1 bag for free; the second bag now costs $30.00 (CDN/US). Thankfully we booked our flights early in December -hope everyone else did too.

yaya

stop allowing bags in cabin and then charge for each bag checked. Ain't free enterprise wonderful? Thank you AlQaida.

In actual fact, and to be fair, during the period when the US was preventing us from taking carry-on bags aboard flights to the US, Air Canada was checking the carry-on bags at no charge.

Archived