Did I make A Mistake?

trvlgalnguy

This is my 2nd cruise with Princess,loved the first,in which we booked an assigned room.This time we are going with another couple,and we booked mini suites guarantee.We are leaving in 2 weeks,and haven't gotten an assignment yet(which I understand,we may get them at the dock)We don't care if we are close to each other,but now we are nervous,that we may hate where we are.Has anyone been so unhappy?Then we think how bad could a mini suite be,no matter what location.

This is my 2nd cruise with Princess,loved the first,in which we booked an assigned room.This time we are going with another couple,and we booked mini suites guarantee.We are leaving in 2 weeks,and haven't gotten an assignment yet(which I understand,we may get them at the dock)We don't care if we are close to each other,but now we are nervous,that we may hate where we are.Has anyone been so unhappy?Then we think how bad could a mini suite be,no matter what location.

If you are that close and have not received an assignment, I would see that as a positive. You could very possibly get a really nice upgrade.

You will get at least a mini suite, so why are you worried? It's not like your guarantee will get you an inside cabin on deck 2. You paid for a mini suite and that's the very least you'll be getting. I'd be a little worried if I did an inside guarantee, where they can stick you in any inside cabin, even one in the worst location, but mini suites are all in very nice locations.

We've booked guarantees a couple of times and gotten exactly what we paid for, which is fine. We weren't real happy with the location either time, but thankfully were not all the way forward. But since I can never see the savings other people write about here, I prefer to select a cabin in advance and forget the guarantee.

Hopefully you will be assigned wonderful cabins and have a lovely cruise.

...that we may hate where we are.Has anyone been so unhappy?Then we think how bad could a mini suite be,no matter what location.
Most minis are all on one deck, Dolphin, so you won't do badly with a GTY. (There are a few on Emerald, but those are almost always pre-booked and marked No Upgrade, so it is very unlikely you will get one of them). The only real difference between all of the minis is how far forward or aft the room is located. Relax.

Now, had you booked another class of room, yes, people have been very unhappy with some assignments, but they had expectations that should have taught them to book a specific room. Most people are fine with their room assignments, particularly those who understand the pros and cons of random assignment.

I think you just answered your own question....there really is no such thing as a BAD mini-suite. As others have mentioned they are all on one of two decks, so no worries. You will LOVE the extra space. Enjoy!

I don't worry much about getting my cabin assignment when booking a guarantee. I still check my status frequently--but the actual location is not as important as being on a great cruise. I try to find a way to make the most of wherever I am.

On our last cruise, we heard from folks who were offered incentives to change their cruise dates. Perhaps your cruise is similarly overbooked.

Well we have our assigned rooms,D703 &707,next to each other,we're happy..;)

We sailed on the Golden with friends and also had a mini-suite. The only disadvantage I can see is that we loved the fact that our cabin was right next to our friend's cabin, and we opened the "door" between the two balconies (used a bungee cord to keep the door opened, with a towel between the door and the wall to prevent it banging and making noise). It was a nice plus and easy to get from one suite to another. On the other hand, the couple in the suite above us had the same situation as yours, and they were upgraded to a full suite! Either way, it'll be great!:)

Archived