Port Canaveral Stop on Pride - KSC Questions

vavasmom

I initially posted my questions on the Florida Departures board last week and did not receive any responses. Since most of the reviews I read were on the Carnival Board (including Mark, Mark, Radio, Carrie) – I am hoping for some help here.

We are on the Carnival Pride next June stopping in Port Canaveral for the day. I am working on the trip budget and plan. As of now, I am planning on renting a car (most likely Budget for just under $39 for the day). My DD (who is 14) and I want to see the Kennedy Space Center. I am planning on using the rental car shuttle to pick-up and drop off at the port. I am not doing the Carnival excursion because I want to be able to control the pace of the day (plus it is less expensive).

I am very confused about what ticket options I should consider for KSC. What exactly are the extras you see on the "Up Close" tour vs. the regular tour? Is the Up Close tour in addition to the regular tour or is it the regular tour with additional stops? I have read several reviews and am more confused than when I started. Based upon the reviews I read, I understand that "up close" is not really that close. Also, some reviewers were at KSC immediately before a launch so I am not certain how that effects what you see. Based on recommendation from friends at home, I know we should leave some time for the interactive portions of the Astronaut Museum.

Thanks in Advance for Any information or recommendations

Archived