Anything better than Conquest class?

jam82

I'm looking for opinions on what Carnival ship is the best. I would like to go on a newer ship that has everything Carnival has to offer. Is there anything better than the Conquest class? Which Conquest ship is the best? Is the Dream really better than the Conquet class?

I'm looking for opinions on what Carnival ship is the best. I would like to go on a newer ship that has everything Carnival has to offer. Is there anything better than the Conquest class? Which Conquest ship is the best? Is the Dream really better than the Conquet class?

I've been on both and loved them both. I guess it depends on what "the best" means to you personally. Both great ships.

The Dream is DIFFERENT than the Conquest class. There are aspects of the ship that are improvements over the Conquest Class, though.

As an example, you can go from bow to stern on the Atlantic deck on the Dream, not so on the Conquest Class. You have to be on the Promenade Deck or above to manage that feat on a Conquest ship.

The Promenade Deck on the Dream allows you to walk all the way 'round the ship on the exterior deck... nearly a half mile.

The Splendor is VERY similar to the Conquest Class... enough so that the functional differences aren't worth discussing.

Overall, the Dream is easier to navigate and has all of the latest bells and whistles so you'll probably want to give her serious consideration...

:)

The Conquest class is an expansion on the earlier Destiny/Triumph class.

Carnival Splendor and Carnival Dream are both further expansions on the basic Conquest hull. Splendor and more so Dream offer more bells and whistles than Conquest class ships.

Whether bigger really is better is subjective. I have not sailed Dream so cannot comment. I have sailed Conquest class several times and the Splendor once. While I enjoyed both ships I still rate the smaller Spirit class vessels higher. The Spirit class ships are Panamax vessels but feel much ;ess crowded than the larger ships IMHO. They also offer the amenities I am most interested in. YMMV :)

I guess I am looking for the Carnival ship with the most bells and whistles. I want something with glitz and glam. I'm going to book another cruise soon and kind of want to book with Carnival because it would be our tenth cruise with them, but I am also considering other lines that have more bells and whistles.

I've sailed Celebrity, RCCL, Costa, NCL and Carnival. I feel RCCL and Celebrity had more of a WOW factor. I'm looking for a little bit of WOW with Carnival.

I guess I am looking for the Carnival ship with the most bells and whistles. I want something with glitz and glam. I'm going to book another cruise soon and kind of want to book with Carnival because it would be our tenth cruise with them, but I am also considering other lines that have more bells and whistles.

I've sailed Celebrity, RCCL, Costa, NCL and Carnival. I feel RCCL and Celebrity had more of a WOW factor. I'm looking for a little bit of WOW with Carnival.

If you are looking for the stuff like rockwalls, ice rinks, flowriders, bowling alleys, etc.... you should probably book one of the other lines.

I book Carnival to stay away from all that fluff. (I can do any of that stuff at home, why go on a cruise?)

I want a cuise to get me to exotic locales, for a resonable price.

Thus Carnival, not RCCL, which has to have you pay more to pay for all their "extras".

Bill

Archived