help in finding flights to vce

bedfordmom

Hi

We are a group of 10 (or 2 groups of 5) looking for reasonable flights to VCE from BOS for 14 April until 25 April. I have considered the consolidator tix which are about $100 cheaper than the three established internet sites and of the lowest airlines (until I read the post about the disadvantages)

We have looked at alternative departures (JFK, etc) and arrivals (MIL etc) but it is not worth the extra hassle. Even thought of going to London and using Ryanair or Easy jet but again but price reduction is not worth the extra time/money. We have until late in January before I have to cancel before final payment if we don't have the air; so I am getting anxious to book before then.

Right now the fllights are around 930-1000; am I overlooking anything? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi

We are a group of 10 (or 2 groups of 5) looking for reasonable flights to VCE from BOS for 14 April until 25 April. I have considered the consolidator tix which are about $100 cheaper than the three established internet sites and of the lowest airlines (until I read the post about the disadvantages)

We have looked at alternative departures (JFK, etc) and arrivals (MIL etc) but it is not worth the extra hassle. Even thought of going to London and using Ryanair or Easy jet but again but price reduction is not worth the extra time/money. We have until late in January before I have to cancel before final payment if we don't have the air; so I am getting anxious to book before then.

Right now the fllights are around 930-1000; am I overlooking anything? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I can see BOS-xZRH-VCE and return on Swiss International for $798 for your days (+/-). You might check it out.

Hi Thanks. Thats definately a great price but I don't see that price on any of the big three internet sites; beginning with an E. O.. or P or on swiss air.

Am I missing something, can you give me a hint where to find it.

If you're willing to leave on the 13th, and spend a full day in Lisbon both going and coming back, you can get $715 on TAP. I'm also seeing the Swiss flight, again for an April 13th departure, at $798. All of this is on the ITA website, which doesn't allow you to book but does give you the code for your TA to book it for you.

Remember, the number of tickets you need does restrict your choices. Breaking up the group might yield better choices. Don't put the whole 10 in your search, as this will only yield the flights with that total number of seats available to book.

At the end of the day, only you can determine the price vs. convenience ratio you are prepared to live with. And yes, I will ask the question: did you consider the price of airfare when you booked the cruise?

I already did; they gave me higher prices by $200 plus 25-30$ ticketing fee.
Yep, I used April 13 for the departure and April 26 for the return - currently $777 on Expedia. Going out the 14th the price goes to $887. That's why I said "+/-" on the dates.

Yep, I used April 13 for the departure and April 26 for the return - currently $777 on Expedia. Going out the 14th the price goes to $887. That's why I said "+/-" on the dates.

Thanks again, it does look like the 13th is better; we are actually two groups of five so we can definately travel separately. We also have to weigh the costs of going early and the extra hotel costs (2 rooms for five) plus taking the kids out of school for longer amount of time (the cruise is during April school vacation).

And no I was not totally aware of the high costs of flying to Venice when I booked the cruise, but since the cruise costs are so low, (we have booked at about $600pp) we have more money for flights.

I have about three more weeks to look and play with the dates so wish me luck.

I have about three more weeks to look and play with the dates so wish me luck.
Well good luck, but be aware that the snooze/lose equation works with devilish regularity in flights to small locations with high demand in peak periods. By waiting 3 weeks you may well find yourself paying way more for flights than you would by booking today. You might pay less, but IMO the odds are against you.

Archived