Port to airport transfer

Timewise

Sorry!! Thinking faster than I was writing. Port of Miami to Miami airport. Cruising the Pearl. I wasn't sure if a taxi, Supershuttle, or other means was best. I just find debarking to be chaotic. Thanks...:o

Taxi - there is a fixed rate of $24 per TAXI (NOT per person) (when I last checked). Make sure the driver knows that YOU know about the fixed rate. Last time I was there, some drivers were trying to charge more.

The $2 port charge is INCLUDED in the $24 flat rate to the airport. That is by law, the cab driver is not allowed to ask you for the $2 fee if you are taking that $24 flat rate ride from the port to airport, so don't pay it. For cabs to other places, it may be different.

When we were there last, this was all plainly written on a sticker in the cab as well, that all tolls and fees are included in the $24 flat rate from port to airport, and I made it clear with the driver when we got in that I knew the deal.

We are staying at an airport hotel the night before our cruise (can't handle the stress of flying in the day of). On embarkation day, should we use the hotel shuttle to get back to the airport, then take a cab at flat rate to the port? Seems like a lot of effort, but if it will save some $$$ DH will be all for it! More cruisin' money!

Check this page for info on taxis from the airport:

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

NOTE: the $2.00 airport origination fee is INCLUDED in both the flat rate to the port AND metered fares originating from the airport. Make it clear to the taxi driver that you know the rules - some will try to rip you off (although I have seen more of that behaviour at the port rather than the airport).

We are also flying in the day before our cruise just in case mother nature decides to send some snow our way. Does anyone know if the taxi rate between the airport hotels and the port are a flat rate as well? I have 2 hotel options, one at the airport and one in Coral Gables, and trying to figure out what transportation would be.

I did check with the hotel shuttles to the port but we have gone that route before and they don't tend to leave until a bit later in the morning and I like to arrive earlier at the port.

THANKS!

Archived