miami airport hotel and priceline

limboman54

Hello

We will be arriving from Europe on february 21 at 18.10 pm and leaving for San Juan on february 22 07.45 am. So we will need a hotel near the airport including a shuttle.

I want to bid on priceline for a hotel. I've been reading some tips on betterbidding.com.

It will be the first time I will use priceline. We want a 4 or 5 star hotel.

With how much money do I have to start bidding: 80 US ?

What hotel will I likely get when I win the bid ?

What else do I have to look for ?

Is it worth doing it this way ?

Hope someone can help me.

Greetings from Europe

Math

I bid for a 3.5 star and got Wyndham Miami airport for Feb. 21st. I finally got accepted at $82. It is very near the airport with a free shuttle. I don't know why prices are so high for that date.

Hello

We will be arriving from Europe on february 21 at 18.10 pm and leaving for San Juan on february 22 07.45 am. So we will need a hotel near the airport including a shuttle.

I want to bid on priceline for a hotel. I've been reading some tips on betterbidding.com.

It will be the first time I will use priceline. We want a 4 or 5 star hotel.

With how much money do I have to start bidding: 80 US ?

What hotel will I likely get when I win the bid ?

What else do I have to look for ?

Is it worth doing it this way ?

Hope someone can help me.

Greetings from Europe

Math

No five star hotels at the airport.

Study at www.BetterBidding.com and www.BiddingForTravel.com

If you go to the sites listed, you will find the lists of hotels many win on priceline.

If you look at the airport hotels they will be mostly 3 stars at best.

To know what you should bid, you need to know what the hotels are charging for that night. Then cut it in half for starters. So if a hotel is charging 100 for its basic room, try 50$. If its too low, you will get to bid higher once every 24 hours. There are other tricks for getting a "free" second bid inthat time period, but you would have to study that process and really know the area well.

Might I suggest that you also look at hotwire.com. The rates will be a little bit higher, but definitely will give you a great price. No bidding needed. They describe the hotel and amenities. You can see the list of the hotels for hotwire on betterbidding.com also.

If this is too "scary" for you as a visitor, just read the airport hotel recommendations here on past posts. At least then you will know more about the area, prices transportation etc. from people that have stayed at a hotel.

All priceline and hotwire hotels are NON refundable. So you are "Stuck" once you win a room. Whether you cahnge your mind, don't like the winning hotel etc.

So we will need a hotel near the airport including a shuttle.I want to bid on priceline for a hotel. I've been reading some tips on betterbidding.com.It will be the first time I will use priceline. We want a 4 or 5 star hotel.

Is it worth doing it this way?

If you check the Sticky at the top of this forum for Priceline winning bids, you'll find several airport properties mentioned. The highest rating is 4* Sofitel Miami, with successful bids ranging from $80-$99/nite plus taxes & fees.

We were able to book Sofitel Miami directly on their own website for $100/nite during the busy Easter season. They have a shuttle to/from MIA but I'm not sure about to/from the port. Reviews are favorable & for a quick 1-niter, it works for us. Plus we're Priceline chickens. :p:p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1087483

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d85205-Reviews-Sofitel_Miami-Miami_Florida.html

Archived