Joan Rivers denied boarding-agent didn't like her passport

smeyer418

Likely time for her to get her passport reissued in her legal name, either Rivers or Rosenberg, whichever is the case. Guessing the fee would not be beyond her financial circumstances.

Surprised the State Dept ever issued a passport with two names, one of which was an AKA.

Likely time for her to get her passport reissued in her legal name, either Rivers or Rosenberg, whichever is the case.
The story makes me suspect that Rosenberg is her legal name (otherwise why have it on her passport at all?) - and including Rivers on the passport is just an extreme case of DYKWIA.

If that is true, no sympathy whatsoever. I have no time for DYKWIAs.

The story makes me suspect that Rosenberg is her legal name (otherwise why have it on her passport at all?) - and including Rivers on the passport is just an extreme case of DYKWIA.

If that is true, no sympathy whatsoever. I have no time for DYKWIAs.

Took me a bit to figure out and translated: I'm Important and You're Not

In any event, she built her reputation as Joan Rivers ... and her husband (Rosenberg) is long dead, so it's time for her to revisit reality and decide which really is her legal name and get the passport issued accordiingly. Can't imagine I would be permitted to have my legal name as well as an alias on my legal docs. Then again, I'm not a DYKWIA.

Took me a bit to figure out and translated: I'm Important and You're Not

In any event, she built her reputation as Joan Rivers ... and her husband (Rosenberg) is long dead, so it's time for her to revisit reality and decide which really is her legal name and get the passport issued accordiingly. Can't imagine I would be permitted to have my legal name as well as an alias on my legal docs. Then again, I'm not a DYKWIA.

Is it possible she was having problems by going under only Rosenberg? Perhaps security thought she was trying to go under an alias using that name thinking her legal name was Joan Rivers. So that is why she had the aka?

I can't imagine the passport control office would do anything for DYKWIA reasons.

I saw her on Larry King the other night and at the end of the conversation (or rant) she mentioned that the problem might have because her ticket and boarding pass had the name "Joseph" on it instead of "Joan" - bingo that was the problem, not the names on her passport. Perhaps she should pay more attention to what her ticket said before getting to the airport - or maybe pay her staff more money to pay attention to this type of thing.

I saw her on Larry King the other night and at the end of the conversation (or rant) she mentioned that the problem might have because her ticket and boarding pass had the name "Joseph" on it instead of "Joan" - bingo that was the problem, not the names on her passport. Perhaps she should pay more attention to what her ticket said before getting to the airport - or maybe pay her staff more money to pay attention to this type of thing.

LOL I always know you shouldn't trust the first reports. That makes more sense than just because both names appear on the passport. and we should remember it was a report in the NY Daily News...better than the Post by far

The employee took issue because Joan's passport listed her as Joan Rosenberg, AKA
, and her boarding pass, which she admits she didn't look at, said "John [or] Joseph instead of Joan."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/joan-rivers-on-her-costa-rica-airport-incident-i-m-not-going-to-put-a-bomb-in-a-chanel-bag/33519

The employee took issue because Joan's passport listed her as Joan Rosenberg, AKA
, and her boarding pass, which she admits she didn't look at,
said "John [or] Joseph instead of Joan
."

I heard her say this on LKL and it made total sense why they wouldn't let her board. She also said she went thru a few other check points and they didn't catch the name on the boarding pass and they should have. So the airport screwed up but she should have caught it. I hope they all learned a very important lesson.

Archived