Drinks cards

Jo and Rob

Drink cards are good anywhere fountain sodas are available.

Coffe card is good wherever coffee is sold

Ultimate card ($9/day plus tip) includes mocktails

None are good with room service.

They are worth it if you drink enough to get your money's worth. For me, no they aren't. I can't remember the last time I had a soda on a cruise. Never had a latte, etc and don't drink mocktails.

On our last cruise we got the soda card, the ultimate one for the kids and a coffee card. Both Soda cards also include the insulated cup and a silly straw.

We're not big drinkers so I get one soda card. If I feel like an alcholic drink I use the soda card for DW but only when I'm ording a hard drink also. Upon request the would add a splash of lime juice in my sprite.

The kids loved the ultimate card but it is available for kids from 2-102 years old :) so anyone can get it. They include many types of drinks, juices and even Milk Shakes by the pool.

The ultimate coffee card had 15 specialty coffees but you could also get unlimited "fresh brewed" coffee at the international cafe so long as you at least had one of the 15 punch cards slots available.

So depending on your usage they can be great or not.

Seems this topic is never ending and everyone has had a different experience. I've copied the below response from the bar manager on Crown Princess that should clear things up. I have also asked my Travel Planner to make sure the age you can purchase the Ultimate Drink card has changed on EVERY ship to 2-102 or no limit. Hope this helps.

TwinCruiserMom;22114984]I took a shot and emailed the Crown Princess food and beverage department and received the following information in a very speedy reply!

Hello Kathy

Yes the Ultimate Kid's Package or UKP is indeed available to all.

It includes:

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler (Coke, D.Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale - all from the gun available in all bar and dining locations but not through Room Service or at Princess Cays)

Unlimited Malt Shakes/Thick Shakes from the Ice Cream Bar on deck 15 by the Pizza Bar

Free Root Beer - Cans (available in all locations where Gun Soda is available)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Whirley Straw

The cost is $63.00 plus a 15% gratuity for a 7 day cruise which works out as $9.00 (+15%) per day. You can purchase one from any Bar or Dining locations or from one of the dedicated tables on Deck 15 on Embarkation day.

Originally the UKP was only for those under 21 but there was such interest from all our passengers young and old that on two vessels Princess trialled marketing it to all (hence the 2-102 you have heard about). On these two ships during the trial period we found that people of all ages did indeed go for the UKP so as from last month it has been standardised across the fleet and is available as described to you on all our ships.

I would imagine that the trial period on the two vessels is the reason that some of the people you discussed this with had differing experiences but as I said it has been rolled out across the fleet now.

The package includes all non-alcoholic mixed drinks available from any bar or dining location of course including the classic Virgin Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris as well as the exclusive Princess Mocktails:

Berry Banana - Banana, raspberry, pineapple juice and OJ

Key West Cooler - Watermelon syrup, passion fruit, cranberry juice, lime topped with Sprite

Peninsula - OJ, raspberry, passion fruit, lime, topped with soda

Tropical Blend - Banana, passion fruit, OJ

Many thanks to Dan Hutchinson who is the Bar Manager on the Crown Princess :) :) :)

Seems this topic is never ending and everyone has had a different experience. I've copied the below response from the bar manager on Crown Princess that should clear things up. I have also asked my Travel Planner to make sure the age you can purchase the Ultimate Drink card has changed on EVERY ship to 2-102 or no limit. Hope this helps.

I took a shot and emailed the Crown Princess food and beverage department and received the following information in a very speedy reply!

Hello Kathy

Yes the Ultimate Kid's Package or UKP is indeed available to all.

It includes:

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler (Coke, D.Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale - all from the gun available in all bar and dining locations but not through Room Service or at Princess Cays)

Unlimited Malt Shakes/Thick Shakes from the Ice Cream Bar on deck 15 by the Pizza Bar

Free Root Beer - Cans (available in all locations where Gun Soda is available)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Whirley Straw

The cost is $63.00 plus a 15% gratuity for a 7 day cruise which works out as $9.00 (+15%) per day. You can purchase one from any Bar or Dining locations or from one of the dedicated tables on Deck 15 on Embarkation day.

Originally the UKP was only for those under 21 but there was such interest from all our passengers young and old that on two vessels Princess trialled marketing it to all (hence the 2-102 you have heard about). On these two ships during the trial period we found that people of all ages did indeed go for the UKP so as from last month it has been standardised across the fleet and is available as described to you on all our ships.

I would imagine that the trial period on the two vessels is the reason that some of the people you discussed this with had differing experiences but as I said it has been rolled out across the fleet now.

The package includes all non-alcoholic mixed drinks available from any bar or dining location of course including the classic Virgin Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris as well as the exclusive Princess Mocktails:

Berry Banana - Banana, raspberry, pineapple juice and OJ

Key West Cooler - Watermelon syrup, passion fruit, cranberry juice, lime topped with Sprite

Peninsula - OJ, raspberry, passion fruit, lime, topped with soda

Tropical Blend - Banana, passion fruit, OJ

Many thanks to Dan Hutchinson who is the Bar Manager on the Crown Princess :) :) :)

Any chance you could cut `n paste the info in red as a sticky ???

Well, that sure explains a lot. I wondered why some ships were offering them to everyone, others only to children. Those darned trials they do can sure throw off the information.

Thankfully, someone got the real information to explain it all. Hopefully, the next time someone asks (probably withini the next few hours), we can just point them in the direction of this thread. :)

Do you know if the mocktails are frozen drinks?

Usually yes. However my daughter had a strawberry-banana smoothie everyday. I picked up a yoghurt from the buffet and the bartender had no problem making it for her.

Archived