Freedom - Key West - docked at Outer Mole??

LUVROYAL415

We are leaving on the Freedom 2/7. My husband and I reviewed the Key West port schedule and found we are docked at the Outer Mole on the Naval Base. Has anyone had experience in docking at this pier? We have always docked at Mallory Square - which we love.

We have a lot planned for Key West, and just wondered how long it takes to get everyone off the ship and carted off the base in the morning as well as before having to leave for the day.:confused:

I would appreciate anyone's experience with this.

Thanks!!

We have docked at both and the Outer Mole stinks...

Takes much longer, as you have to line up to take trolleys into town.

The trolleys go all the way down by the Southernmost Point and then back up to drop you off at Mallory Square.

Once you are on the trolley, the ride itself is 15-20 minus.

The wait depends on how fast people are trying to get off the ship and how backed up the line waiting for troleys gets.

Sorry, that was just bad luck of the draw.

Bill

When we wer eon the Imagination 12/08 we were at the Outer mole, and the trollies came and picked us up but never went to the Southernmost point. It went straight to town and dropped us off. I am not sure if something changed, but I will let you know. We are back on the Imagination on Jan 18. God I can't wait

We're docking at the "Outer Mole" on Monday (Freedom). I swear I've seen two ships docked at Mallory Square...and there's only one other ship there that day. Wonder why we're getting pushed so far away.

I'm hoping the trolley is free transportation to Duval Street?

Peg

P.S. Thanks Cruzaholic41 for the link

We're docking at the "Outer Mole" on Monday (Freedom). I swear I've seen two ships docked at Mallory Square...and there's only one other ship there that day. Wonder why we're getting pushed so far away.

Peg

I got lucky both time at Key West. We docked at Mallory square. Thats the best place to dock

Peg

You're welcome.

The Mallory dock can only accomodate smaller ships. You will never see a ship the size of Freedom docked there. In fact, the only Carnival ships it was able to accomodate were the Holiday and Celebration. On my last Freedom cruise, we were at the OM. Triumph was at Pier B (Westin), and HAL Ryndam was at the Mallory dock.

If you are in KW on a ship the size of Freedom or Triumph, and the other is also in port, the ships will be at OM and Pier B.

You're welcome.

The Mallory dock can only accomodate smaller ships. You will never see a ship the size of Freedom docked there. In fact, the only Carnival ships it was able to accomodate were the Holiday and Celebration. On my last Freedom cruise, we were at the OM. Triumph was at Pier B (Westin), and HAL Ryndam was at the Mallory dock.

If you are in KW on a ship the size of Freedom or Triumph, and the other is also in port, the ships will be at OM and Pier B.[/quot

Not true. We docked at mallory sq on the Fascination 6 months ago.

Not true. We docked at mallory sq on the Fascination 6 months ago.

Are you sure it was Mallory, and not the Westin dock? The Mallory dock has been under reconstruction since Spring 2009. It was completely closed until last month....and still, only half is completed.

It is complimentary. It drops you off right in front of the Shipwreck Museum and Aquarium downtown. It's about a 10 minute ride.

Yep, also keep in mind, when you are heading back to the ship, the trolley stops at the Naval Base gates and everyone's sail & sign AND ID is checked.

It's quite a hassle to be honest.

I've been looking for a map of Key West but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I was wondering if it would be possible to carry soda and bottled water from the CVS on Duval to the Westin pier or if that is just too far of a walk.

I've been looking for a map of Key West but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I was wondering if it would be possible to carry soda and bottled water from the CVS on Duval to the Westin pier or if that is just too far of a walk.

Looks to be a very easy walk. Check out these maps to compare:

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/images/key-west-cruise-map.jpg

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/store/storedetails.jsp?getStoreID=8368&frmsfr=true

Does anyone know where "B" dock is located? That's where we're docked in April.

That is the Westin Pier.

Freedom new year's cruise docket at mallory - didn't have to get a trolley to get to town.

This is why people are getting confused. The dock Freedom was at was the Westin Dock, not Mallory. As stated, Mallory is under construction. That dock can not accomodate the Freedom.

Archived