Dock at OM - disembarking???

LUVROYAL415

We found out our ship docks at the OM pier in Key West which requires us to take trolleys to the main area. How long does it normally take to get off the ship? I would assume with 2k plus cruisers, it will take a long to time get off and back on at the end of the day? This is our favorite port, and we have never had to dock at this pier.

Does anyone have suggestions for us to get the longest amount of time at this port?

Thanks in advance.

It should only take you a very few additional minutes for a couple of reasons. First the Outer Mole pier is only a few hundred yards from the other two; but it happens to be situated behind a short strip ofNavy property. Secondly, the ship will be met by several trains and trolleys to transport the passengers to Front St os you will actually have less walking than those passengers disembarking from pier B.

Have a great visit.

Mike:)

We found out our ship docks at the OM pier in Key West which requires us to take trolleys to the main area. How long does it normally take to get off the ship? I would assume with 2k plus cruisers, it will take a long to time get off and back on at the end of the day? This is our favorite port, and we have never had to dock at this pier.

Hi Ron,

How did you find out where your ship docks? We will be in KW on Tuesday (brrrrr) on the Conquest and wonder where it will dock.

Also, since this is your fav port, what would you suggest for an 8am-5pm docking? We have our daughter and 3 grand kids ages 9. 10 & 11 years. Would the conch train be too boring for the kids? What else would interest them? I think it's going to be very chilly on Tuesday and I'm hoping we don't get rain, but we'll just have to make the best of it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

katcruiser

Galveston Island

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

You will dock at The Westin Hotel pier which is immedately adjacent to pier A or Mallory Square.

According to the calender you will be in port from 1000 to 600.

Tuesday's weather is supposed to be a high of 64 so it should be a nice day.

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

You will dock at The Westin Hotel pier which is immedately adjacent to pier A or Mallory Square.

According to the calender you will be in port from 1000 to 600.

Tuesday's weather is supposed to be a high of 64 so it should be a nice day.

Thanks SO much for the prompt reply, Mike. Living on the Island, I do NOT do well under 70 degrees! Last time we were in KW was July and VERY hot, so 64 is probably better! I can't wait to return to KW.

Thanks again :),

katcruiser

KATCRUISER -

I see you received the port link. As for what to do for kids.. We have tried both the conch train and the trolley & liked both. The conch train shows you all around the island, which I think is quite nice. The kids may or may not be bored. It is kind of cool to be on a train. :) The trolley was also pretty fun. On the trolley you can get on and off anytime at the stops. That way if you see something the kids might like, you could stop at any attraction for a while. The trolley lets you get on and off all day at any of the stops.

We have not brought our 6 year old with us yet.. but our time is coming. We usually visit restaurants, shop, check out the beach, do the conch or trolley, and just enjoy as much as we can.

Maybe someone else on these boards has some suggestions for kids?

KATCRUISER -

I see you received the port link. As for what to do for kids.. We have tried both the conch train and the trolley & liked both. The conch train shows you all around the island, which I think is quite nice. The kids may or may not be bored. It is kind of cool to be on a train. :) The trolley was also pretty fun. On the trolley you can get on and off anytime at the stops. That way if you see something the kids might like, you could stop at any attraction for a while. The trolley lets you get on and off all day at any of the stops.

We have not brought our 6 year old with us yet.. but our time is coming. We usually visit restaurants, shop, check out the beach, do the conch or trolley, and just enjoy as much as we can.

Maybe someone else on these boards has some suggestions for kids?

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the kids will like either of these. I know they'll be interested in any of the pirate & treasure stuff. Our grandson is 7, (8 on 1/20) & this is his 6th cruise! This is our Christmas gift to them for the past 6 years & they LOVE it!!! However, they DO NOT like to go the Camp Carnival, so that's a BIG problem for the adults! This cruise, they WILL go to camp, at least some. :D

Did you do the Bahamas itinerary also? If so, any suggestions?

katcruiser

Katcruiser, when are you going to get Princess back to Texas? Either Galveston or the new Bayport cruise terminal?

We hoped the Grand would come back when the RC Voyager leaves in April, but that's not the case. We only have 3 ships post-IKE, but we're hoping to build back up to the 7 or 8 we had pre-IKE. Sorry, I don't know about Bayport.

We have done the Bahamas itinerary before also. With kids or without - we like going to Atlantis. The aquarium is awesome to look at (for both kids and adults). There is also a little row of shops and restaurants outside that you can walk by. I know there is a lot to there, but we have not done it all. I think you can get a day pass & use the waterslides, beach, etc. I am not sure on the cost, but I believe it is on the website for Atlantis.

Each time we usually take a walk through a few shops and get a taxi to Atlantis. Also, we ate at the Blue Iguana in downtown Bahamas last time. We sat up on a balcony and watched the people shop. It was relaxing. They had all kinds of food.

Archived