Bus Transfers from Orlando to ft lauderdale

monsters mom

Has anyone rode the R.C. bus? How was it? Is the bus full, nice, do they play movies for the kids? What time did you get there? Did you get in a different line than everyone else to check in? Do they just take your bags from the bus to the boat? What time did they pick you up to take you back to Orlando? Did you get off of the ship late and then have to wait in a room with everyone else or can you go walk around outside or is there something else to do while waiting?

They told me that it picks up in Orlando at 8am and that it takes 3 1/2 hours to get there. Then you get back to Orlando at 5pm. Which would mean we don't get picked up until about 1pm. what would we do until then. I don't want to be stuck in a room with my kids with nothing for them to do. Thanks for the help.

Don't waste your time on a bus. It is too expensive and hardly on time. You have to wait til it is full and you will get to the ship later than you think.

Rent a car from Hertz one way to the port, drop off the car and take the free shuttle to the ship. You could get a mini van for around 80 bucks. This will be eaiser and cheaper and more efficient.

You also do this in reverse.

I didn't know that Royal Caribbean does shuttles from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale ... many people who fly in to Orlando sail from Port Canaveral, but if you were quoted a time of 3.5 hours then that sounds about right.

You could rent a car - it's not a bad drive, mainly on the turnpike. The traffic really only gets bad once you get off the turnpike and head towards the port.

I would ask them to confirm the departure time at the end of your cruise. I don't know what they expect you to do until 1 pm, considering you'll have to be off the ship before about 10 am. That doesn't make much sense. If you have a three hour wait at the Orlando airport then at least there are things to keep kids slightly busy.

We are staying in Orlando before and after the cruise. We are coming from a small town of 5,000 people and Hubby hates traffic. I thought it would be better to let someone else drive and this would be easier on him. I wanted to take the train from ft. lauderdale back to Orlando but it leaves at 9:20 am and I'm not sure if we could make it in time. I don't want to end the cruise all stressed out about making it to the train on time. I guess I will look into renting a car for the way down again though. As I like to know whats going on and the cruise line basically knows nothing. The lady yesterday said they didn't even have transfers and I made her ask someone else. Then she has an attitude about all my questions. Thanks

Bumping for more comments.

Don't waste your time on a bus. It is too expensive and hardly on time. You have to wait til it is full and you will get to the ship later than you think.

Rent a car from Hertz one way to the port, drop off the car and take the free shuttle to the ship. You could get a mini van for around 80 bucks. This will be eaiser and cheaper and more efficient.

You also do this in reverse.

Hertz (along with most other car rental companies) charge a huge fee for dropping off at a different location than you pick up at. I've was thinking of doing this from Miami to FLL, but the additional charge was over $100 making it better to take a taxi...

monsters mom,

I just did a quick google check and there are a few different companies offering shuttle service from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. The port in Fort Lauderdale is right beside the airport, so if you got a shuttle bus to the airport then you could probably get a taxi to the port for $10 or so.

I understand the apprehension about driving. I personally hate driving in heavy traffic. The turnpike is really not so bad --- it's considerably better than driving on I-95. So if you decide to drive then it may not be as bad as you are expecting.

But if you prefer to take a shuttle (and I understand why), maybe check with your hotel for suggestions. They probably have connections with shuttle services.

Good luck!

Archived