Island Marketing / Nohoch Kay Beach Club

fireman3632

Never heard of him. May be one of the staff. Never respond to a friend request on FB unless you see a direct connection with another friend or you know in real life.

Mitsugirly, search FB for Nohoch kay, not Island Marketing.:)

I have them booked for our cruise and like their page on facebook. Now I have a friend request from a guy named Nacho Gomez Perez which seems to be affiliated with them somehow or something. His FB page has only pictures posted and it's of that beach.....it's weirding me out just a little bit. Anyone know anything about him????

Nacho works at Nohoch Cay. Nice guy.

Nacho works at Nohoch Cay. Nice guy.

Ok well that's good to know but why would he try to friend someone who just liked their business page. Just seems a little wierd. I have not accepted his friend request (nor would I) but it says he is "a follower" of my page. That is so strange. Kindof freaks me out too. Just never had anything like that happen to me before. I am a TA and travel ALOT! I like many business on FB and have NEVER had an employee or owner try to personally be my friend just becuase I like their business. Just seems strange.....

I posted a review on trip advisor an cruisecritic. We booked the All Inclusive through Island Marketing for $40pp adults and $20pp kids. Took the taxi for $2pp as instucted. Quick ride over and greeted by Nick who showed us to our 9 loungers. The beach was small, and the water has a ton of sea grass. If you are looking for wide open crystal clear water, go elsewhere. Also, being all inclusive, the drinks came very slowly. We had to call the waitress over every time we wanted a drink, or she never came. The food was good, however if you are doing the all incl you have to pick from the snack menu, not the regular menu, which had much larger portions and choices. I would not go here again, there is trash all over the beach on the vacant lots on each side of Jaimes beach. Just my opinion, but read my review for more info.

I posted a review on trip advisor an cruisecritic. We booked the All Inclusive through Island Marketing for $40pp adults and $20pp kids. Took the taxi for $2pp as instucted. Quick ride over and greeted by Nick who showed us to our 9 loungers. The beach was small, and the water has a ton of sea grass. If you are looking for wide open crystal clear water, go elsewhere. Also, being all inclusive, the drinks came very slowly. We had to call the waitress over every time we wanted a drink, or she never came. The food was good, however if you are doing the all incl you have to pick from the snack menu, not the regular menu, which had much larger portions and choices. I would not go here again, there is trash all over the beach on the vacant lots on each side of Jaimes beach. Just my opinion, but read my review for more info.

Do you want to give us a link to your review on here or your name on TA so that we can find it easily?

I looked on TA and every post this month and last month is nothing but praise and 5 stars. You don't say what cruise line you went with and nothing is in your signature for us to be able to "look up" your review. I checked your name out and it says you went on the Pride...what cruise line is it? There could be tons of ships named "Pride"?

When did you travel to Nohoch Cay? My experience there was the complete opposite. There were many times where the servers came around too frequently and I wasn't quite ready to have another. Sea grass is predominant anywhere you go in this region. In order to get away from it, you have to go out at least one mile from shore, if not more.

We were on the NCL Dawn. My TA name is birthdayvacation. I agree, I had read many positive reviews which is why we booked with Island Marketing. The beach next to us had very little sea grass, and some of our group ended up in the water there. Don't get me wrong, any day at the beach is better then work, I am just describing our experience. The review on CC was done for the port of Costa Maya when I did the review for the Dawn, Easter/Spring Break. Our entire group felt that the service was not very good, and as I said the portions and menu were not what you get if your just eating lunch there.

We were at Nohoch Kay on March 28th and had a great time same as our visit in February 2012. See reviews on TA if interested. We will return during our next cruise in Feb 2014.

Nohoch Kay is a small beach club with a proportional beach area. The smallish size appeals to us. The beach area in front of the club and palapas were very clean. The water immediately in front of the club is shallow with some seagrass but also sandy bottom areas as well.

The all-inclusive package description shown on the Island Marketing website provides an accurate description of what to expect as far as food and beverage selections. The selections worked for us. You can also get additional menu selections or premium alcohol selections for addtional cost if desired.

Jaime has been onsite during both of our visits. He makes himself available to everyone, whether it's in the restaurant/patio area or on the beach. He is very approachable and usually goes around and introduces himself and talks with his visitors. If I needed something, I would mention it to him or his staff, who regularly patrols the beach area. Knowing them, if they were aware that something was not to one of their patron's liking, they would work hard to correct the deficiency and make it right. The last thing they want is for someone who visited to be unhappy or unsatisfied with their experience.

One example of his hospitality was when a mother and son that were walking along the beach plopped down in a vacant palapa next to us. After about 45 minutes, he approached them and politely mentioned that they were in a private beach club area. They asked if he knew where they could get WIFI access and he offered the restaurant area where they could access Nohoch's for free.

We appreciate all cruise opinions and experiences shared here and elsewhere as they are invaluable to us when planning our trip. For us, we really enjoyed Nohoch Kay both times we've been there and are looking forward to next year. At $40 pp for all day, it's been one of the best port deals during our cruises.

Happy cruising to all!

• 2 weeks later...

They asked if he knew where they could get WIFI access and he offered the restaurant area where they could access Nohoch's for free.

So they have free wifi there at Nohoch? Is this always or did he just let those people use his for the day?

So they have free wifi there at Nohoch? Is this always or did he just let those people use his for the day?

Yes, it was free for guests on our recent visit. They provided the access code to us. I noticed others who had stopped in the restaurant area for drinks/eats using it as well. I think Jaime was just being a nice guy when letting mom and son use it. :)

Yes, it was free for guests on our recent visit. They provided the access code to us. I noticed others who had stopped in the restaurant area for drinks/eats using it as well. I think Jaime was just being a nice guy when letting mom and son use it. :)

Thanks so much. :)

• 5 months later...

Archived