Tell me all about the Infinity

smeyer418

Its been some time since we traveled on Celebrity but we will be on the Infinity next month(2/28).

Please let me know the answers to the following and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

1. Breakfast and lunch. I think I know this is open seating at the MDR. is that right? what else is open for Breakfast and lunch besides the buffet.

2. Room service. I know its a limited menu but can you order things from the dining room when its open? Anything hot available for breakfast.

3. On embarkation day is the MDR open or is it just the buffet and for what hours.

4. How early can I expect to board?

5. how is the library? what hours is it open?

6. I am a returning X guest what can I expect that they will mean?

7. Any suggestions as to nice quiet areas?

8. do they offer a ship orientation tour upon embarkation?

9. still included champagne and a guide to the cabin upon embarkation?

Anything else you think will be helpful will be appreciated by me..

Thanks!

Its been some time since we traveled on Celebrity but we will be on the Infinity next month(2/28).

Please let me know the answers to the following and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

1. Breakfast and lunch. I think I know this is open seating at the MDR. is that right? what else is open for Breakfast and lunch besides the buffet.

I think that Celebrity keeps the MDR open on sea days and closes them during the port days. (that is for lunch) If you are Elite you can have a nice breakfast/coffees etc. in Michael's Club. Don't miss that if you have that level...it is super!

2. Room service. I know its a limited menu but can you order things from the dining room when its open? Anything hot available for breakfast. We only did breakfast once with Room Service and to be honest the "hot" ffod was not really hot...cold pancakes etc. If you opt to do this I would suggest to order a "cold" breakfast so that you are not disappointed.

3. On embarkation day is the MDR open or is it just the buffet and for what hours. I think that you are able to go to the MDR for lunch if you are Elite...but when we went they didn't really check our "status" via our cards.

4. How early can I expect to board? We always arrive at 11 AM but have had to wait awhile...but not usually... Depends on each departure.

5. how is the library? what hours is it open? I think that most of the libraries are open 24/7...if you are really interested in reading...I would bring along your own reading selections...it is kinda a "crap-shoot" as to what you will find in the library..depending on when you go and each ship. JMHO.

6. I am a returning X guest what can I expect that they will mean? Well..it depends on how "returning" you are!! I would suggest you check the Celebrity web-site to see what your status is based on the number of cruises/types of cabins you booked etc. hard to know unless you can tell us your "status" re bookings in the past. etc.

7. Any suggestions as to nice quiet areas? Well.. I would suggest the library...if you don't have a cabin you feel comfortable in during the day...then maybe the coffee area?? I like to read in my cabin...but that is just my preference.

8. do they offer a ship orientation tour upon embarkation? I believe they do..the first day and your initial program should tell you where to meet up for that tour.

Well...we have had the champagne but I'm not sure they still provide the guide..that depend on where you are when the cabins are open for "viewing"...if you are in the "main area" then maybe???

Thanks!

But have not been on her since '07 in Alaska...twice before that. So will try to answer the best I can..I'm sure others will have more up to date info...See above for my ideas and suggestions...Have a great time..we wil be on-board in 1/11!! LuAnn

You are a returning passenger. To reap any benefit, you have to be a member on the Captain's Club. Membership isn't automatic. You do have to sign up for it. If you haven't, you can call the Capt's Club or do it on the internet. Enjoy your cruise!

2. Room service. I know its a limited menu but can you order things from the dining room when its open? Anything hot available for breakfast.

3. On embarkation day is the MDR open or is it just the buffet and for what hours.

Thanks!

Main Dining room is not open for lunch on most port days.

Breakfast yes. Day you sail? The buffet only for lunch.

Try the Aqua Spa Cafe. It is really good and opened for breakfast and lunch every day.

Normally boarding starts about noon (if not a bit earlier)

But they usually tell you the cabins are not ready till about 1.

Returning passenger? How many times? They recently upgraded Elite Perks so if you have more than 10 cruise credits you are eligible for them.

Bubbly and OJ are still offered upon boarding.

Thanks!

There are many nice quiet areas onboard. The conservatory is one.

The other venue that is open for breakfast and lunch is the Aqua Spa area. Micheals Club (or variation will be open for Elite and Suite guests) There is also a late afternoon/early evening cocktail hour for Elite and Suite guests.

You can order anything off the regular menu in your room.

The Infinity is still a classy ship.The crew members are excellent.The promenade deck is almost always quiet and underpopulated with lots of deck chairs in the shade.you are closer to the water there and the sights and sounds are wonderful to me.The aquaspa cafe serves delicious healthy food at breakfast and lunch with little to no lines.I personally love the thalassotherapy pool and the indoor hot tubs there usually are available with less people on the warm weather cruises.Dang! now I wish I was going with you! Enjoy your cruise it sure beats the alternative!

Archived