Need an opinion from NY'ers

Danno

Ron...I don't know what the attraction is in NYC in Sept/Oct but the rates seem to spike. However, thanks for thinking of us....BTW our rate at the Michelanglo was 225.00 + tax. I think that's fair in that market.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

Now, what we SHOULD all do is book "Zenith" to Bermuda that Saturday. Now, Danno, doesn't that sound dopey with out the "the" before Zenith? Also, I thought North Bay was a suburb of Toronto? Not exactly a country bumpkin town? You will love the city. I hope you do do something on Sat AM other than go to Macys. That is NOT that big a deal. It is a big department store full of everything you can get anywhere else.

So what happened? We can't edit a post anymore? Danno...I noticed above you were on the Volendam? How did you like that? While running the risk of being chastised here, while we love "X", we like HAL just a teensy-weensy bit more.

Advice taken...we'll probably just spend 4-5 hours walking around. Then we can do what ever interests us at the moment.

Marco...I just edited to add this? We were on the Volendam shortly after 9/11. The staff was severely overworked, the food very poor, the ship was beautiful, the intinerary was great.

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Danno, hotel rates in the fall go up because it is a popular time for conferences. The weather is usually spectacular (not too hot, no snow, and usually dry), so lots of businesses plan meetings in the fall.

Also, it is Broadway season, when all the new shows open.

It's less expensive to stay here in summer and the dead of winter, when fewer big meetings take place.

Ed

danno

thanks for the invite the only problem it that it would be our treat since you guys are the guests. you will get the chance if and when we are in your neck of the woods. icon_biggrin.gif let me know if you need anything. if at all possible i will try to get free that saturday to meet up with you and the bride

When we visited New York in March we got back to our hotel at about 11:30 P.M. after a Broadway show and my DH and I were hungry. So he says, "We are in New York, lets order Pizza." I called down to the bellman desk and asked "Who can I call to get a good pizza delivered?" They gave me the phone number and within 30 minutes a hot cheesy pizza was delivered to our door.

Danno, as a fellow Atkins dieter I know that you will truly appreciate the wonderful New York Pizza.

...Excuse me, I just salivated - I mean drooled all over my keyboard. icon_eek.gif

Mindi

boat.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;12;4;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation - Southern Caribbean

Infinity to Alaska 8-03 Review

Millennium to Eastern Carribbean 11-02

Mindi...the diet thing. I have worker harder than ever to lose weight since returning from Horizon in early Feb.. I walk 45-50 hard miles a week. I am careful what I eat...and many weeks I gain weight!! However I am not giving in!! I will beat this monster...IT IS NOT STRONGER THAN ME!!!

Duck...thank you for the kind offer. Le Cirque it is, on you icon_wink.gif!

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

hey duck...are you ignoring me? icon_eek.gificon_frown.gif

I had posted a couple of times...asking if you got home ok and hoping your business here was productive...and did you accomplish what you needed?

Never got any kind of reply....I take a shower daily...and haven't had any kind of duck for dinner....I promise icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Danno, West 51st St. between 6th and 7th is kinda dead at night; but walk a block or two to the west (towards 7th and Broadway) and it's lively indeed. You could even take in a comedy club, such as Caroline's. They don't get rolling until it's late. If there's some type of restaurant that is hard to find in the To. area (such as Afghan?) you can probably find it near your hotel.

September is the best and (other than Christmas) most expensive time to be in NYC. The theater and cultural seasons are just beginning, the Yankees are usually in a pennant race (sorry Blue Jays fans), the weather is usually comfortable, and the leaves are starting to turn.

Make sure that Celebrity really is sailing from New York. By September the parent company, Royal Caribbean, will be sailing from Bayonne, NJ. If the Zenith also will sail from Bayonne, you'll need extra time to get to the ship, or you may want to fly to Newark and stay in NJ.

How far from To. is North Bay? My relatives live in places such as Willowdale and Downsview, and I'll be there for a wedding in July.

We will be sailing on the Constellation from New York on September 20th. Plan to arrive in New York on the 18th and have been looking at the Milford Plaza and Ramada New Yorker. Any suggestions? Also, thanks for all the good tips on transportation from LGA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joanandjoe:

How far from To. is North Bay? My relatives live in places such as Willowdale and Downsview, and I'll be there for a wedding in July.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are a 3 hour drive, on a very good hwy, north of Toronto...far enough away from Toronto to be OUT of Toronto but close enough to enjoy all Toronto has to offer.

Jill and I in Toronto tomorrow, I am attending meetings all day, Jill is shopping and we are going to see THE PRODUCERS tomorrow evening. Not as good as a cruise but a nice weekend none the less!!

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Just wanted to add, a must to do in NYC is The View @ the top of the Marriot in Times Square. The only revolving restaurant in the city. We just got back and spent the hour it takes to complete the full rotation, having cocktails overlooking this wonderful city.

Can any of you give us names of a limo service? We will be arriving on the Constellation on 20 Sept around 7 AM and have a flight out of Laguardia at 1:30 PM. Any suggestions (and cost estimates) would be much appeciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave and Elaine

Transatlantic sailing on the Constellation
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;9;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img][img]http://www.zooish.com/_borders/drinkin_md_wht.gif[/img] [img]http://www.zooish.com/_borders/lickin_food_md_wht.gif[/img]

Archived