Costs on Labadee?

Martin64

HI,

Could someone tell me what I can expect to pay for things on Labadee? I hear umbrellas and chairs are free? RCI excursions website says $10 for mats. How much for snorkling equipment? About how much for drinks (alcoholic and non).

Thanks,

Monica

HI,

Could someone tell me what I can expect to pay for things on Labadee? I hear umbrellas and chairs are free? RCI excursions website says $10 for mats. How much for snorkling equipment? About how much for drinks (alcoholic and non).

Thanks,

Monica

Chairs and shade under the trees are free! RC provides its passengers with a BIG barbeque while there, which is free! Drinks are available with the meal.

I will add that of all the ports of call, this was the least favorite of mine. Sand was dirty and the water not the best the Caribbean has to offer.

Thanks for the info. I really hate to hear that about the beach there. With this being my family's first stop in the Carr., I wanted them to be like, "Wow"! Especially my husband. He hates to travel and really didn't want to go on this cruise (our first). So I can just hear him complaining! Oh well, me and the kids will have a blast no matter what the sand is like!

Thanks,

Monica

The worst beach in the Caribbean is still better than any beach in the U.S.A. I have been to many beaches in the Caribbean and I know that your family will love Labidee.I hope you all have the best cruise of your life.

• 2 months later...

monica:

i am so confused as to why people post what they do, but they do anyways. don't take what people say literally. that's the best and first advice i can give you. we have cruised rccl several times and have stopped in labadee on each trip. several people have said they wished the ship spent 2 days there. it is a very relaxing place to be. the ship tenders there. you will take a little boat to get to the island. when you first get on the island, you will see one of the waiters with a tray of the drink of the day. get one. then make a left turn. after a few minutes you will come across the area where they rent the blue mats with your sea pass card. can't remember the price, maybe 5 or 10 dollars. walk past this area after you get your mat, down past the hut selling the drinks. there is this nice cove area where you can play and lay in the sand. you will have an awesome view of the ship from this area. a lot of people snorkel here. if you don't want to spend the money to get the mat, borrow someone elses. there are always lots of them on shore. we have never done an excursion here, nor have we played on the climbing rock thing. we've just always layed in the shade, played in the sand or threw frisbees or beach balls. it has always been a very relaxing day. there are no vendors bothering you, no cab drives, no tour buses, no horns honking. however, there is nice warm water, a full buffet lunch, great drinks, warm sunshine and other passengers relaxing. as you can probably tell, your day in labadee is made for relaxation. enjoy!

cathy

You can snorkel but it is not real worth it. Not much to see and you have to stay within the marked areas. Now this is just my opinion. There are many other paid activities to do such as wave runners and parasailing that can be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think you will find an all inclusive cruise lines unless you look at the higer end of cruise ships-- like crystal or raddison.

You can cruise for very cheap. I think the most we spent on a cruise as a couple was 300.00. and that included our tips, excursions and a towel.

We didnt need to rent rafts. Bring your own from the dollar store. THe food and reg tea and lemonade are fee. You can pay for your mixed drinks with your sea pass card. You can not use your card in the stores with the local vendors. Cash is spent there.

Archived