Transportation from Santiago Chile to Valparaiso

Archipelago

A few years ago, we arranged a private tour that picked us up at the ship in Valpo, took us on a tour around Valpo then to Vina del Mar for lunch then to Santiago, stopping at a vineyard on the way. we shared with another couple and I would love to have his name again, I just don't remember it.

Alwyn Schuler at http://www.chileanjourney.cl/? He's excellent. One of the best guides we've had anywhere in the world!

Michael at winetoursvalparaiso.com is the best bet.

Expat Brit from London takes you through the casablanca wine valley on the way to either the airport or seaport.

We had a great time with him. michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl

I would not recommend using winetoursvalparaiso. I had booked a wine tour transfer with Michael for six people which included a wine paired lunch. Michael did not accompany our group but we met up with his group at the Morande restaurant for lunch. What a disappointment. The food was awful, no one provided any commentary about the wines paired with the courses, the service was so slow that we missed the winery tour that followed the lunch. Michael had previously asked about food allergies and/or preferences but had obviously not passed this information on to the restaurant. No vegetarian alternatives were provided; everyone was served the set menu.

Our driver/guide, Victor, was wonderful with our morning tour of Valparaiso. He appologized for the poor food and experience at Morande, but it was not his fault.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can consider "ABC Tour" company and its guide Vivian as great alternatives for both guided tours and shuttles.

We paid $250usd to get picked-up at the port, to have a full-day private tour of Valparaiso and Vina del mar, and then to be driven to the airport.

Archived