mercury 040404 anyone disappointed?

lharley

My husband & I just returned from cruise to
Mexico aboard Mercury.
It was a real disappointment. Food was not very good. Service worse.
Every time anyone spoke @ programs or shows
it was how much the staff depended on our tips
for salary.
Ordered room service for breakfast three times
& never recd it.
This was not our first cruise, but will be last with
Celebrity.

Sorry your cruise was disappointing. We were on the March 13th sailing. We ordered room service several times and always recieved it. Sometimes an item would be missing like milk or tea but the steward made sure we got whatever was missing.

The food in the dining room was good but some nights were better than others such as lobster night. Mine was fine but SIL's was so tough she could not eat it. Overall the food was still better than what I would have fixed at home.

We recieved good service from our cabin steward and waiter. On some nights in the dining room service was somewhat slow but we felt our wait staff was very attentative to us.

The Captains Club rep, Manuel, was excellent.

Anxious to read what others on the same cruise as you experienced. Poor service is certainly inexcusable and unfortunate. Hope you filled out a comment card.

Karen & Paul
[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_23.gif[/img]
[url="http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih"]http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih[/url]
Galaxy B2B 10/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Mercury 03/04
Radiance 01/04
Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,
Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

Just curious......was the Mercury repositioning after your cruise????? We were on Mille and not only did we have the cabin from He**, but service was horrendous and that was our 4th Celeb cruise. The one bartender told us that it was leaving for the Medit. and most of the crew was getting off after our trip.....so their heart was just not in it. We have sailed 2 times since and everything has been wonderful on Celeb.

lharley--I was on the same cruise as you and was disappointed with the food in the main dining room (see my other recent post on this topic). We ordered room service for breakfast a few times and they never got our order quite right but at least we got it. We really enjoyed the casual dining on deck 11.

We were impressed with the service on Mercury. This was my first cruise on Celebrity and the service was much better than on my previous cruises (Carnival and NCL).

We were on the April 4 cruise also. We ordered breakfast in our room 6 of the 7 days, and it arrived on schedule. We were in a suite, and our "butler" was very helpful. We thought the food was very good--not up to the best restaurants, but still high quality. Our waiter was excellent. We had dinner at the Captain's table the first full day, which was a treat. Overall, we thought Celebrity did an excellent job and every employee we met seemed very customer oriented. If only the weather had been warmer.....

lharley,

Sorry you had such a bad experience with Celebrity! I for only myself, cannot understand your dilema. However, I do not disaccount that it happened!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Lharley, sorry to hear you had a bad time! We found the food even better than any of our previous 3 "X" cruises in the past year and a half, and the service fabulous too. Have not yet tried room service on any cruise, however, though from the looks of the hallway each morning, I think the folks next to us with the two toddlers relied on it! I also didn't hear anything at programs or shows about tips, but we didn't see the production shows, just Noodles and the last-night variety extravaganza. As a brand loyalist, I'm really bummed you didn't have the same good time ... hope your next cruise is better whichever line it's on!

trc
Millennium 12/12/04
Mercury 4/04/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

We were on the 04/04/04 Mercury and had a wonderful time. The food and service were excellent. The entertainment was enjoyable. We had breakfast delivered 8:30 each morning to our cabin(1122) all but the last day. Two times either napkins or forks were missing but that was quickly taken care of. Our cabin was spic and span each day, the ice bucket was always filled with ice and used glasses were replaced with clean ones. Our bathroom was cleaned a few times each day. We were unhappy our assigned table for 2 was located near a busy service area. We spoke with guest services upon which by mid-afternoon the very next day we were moved to an acceptable table for 2. The ONLY complaint comment we had was that quite a few people did not follow the "suggested dress" during informal, late dinner sittings --- men and woman wearing JEANS. (I know I am opening a can of worms.) Having said that, perhaps the slots could have been looser and the weather a bit warmer. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

In general, the 04/04/04 Mercury Pacific Coastal cruise lived up to why Celebrity is a cut above Princess,NCL, etc. per Conde' Nast.

Eileen

Archived