taxi for sight seeing GT

CanWeGoYet?

I'm trying to make plans for our port day in Grand Turk this march. Are taxis lined up at the cruise pier waiting for tourists, like many other caribbean ports? Any must sees for sightseeing, besides the beach? So far I have the museum and light house on the list. Would appreciate any info - cost of taxi to this area, how far, & whether it is difficult to get a taxi back to the ship.

On a port day in Cabo my family & I ventured out in a taxi to get a bite to eat at a restaurant on the beach. It was a nice outing but we felt taken advantage of by the cab drivers - had some sort of racket going on where they take passengers out for cheap and all insist on double the fare to return to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

There were lots of van-taxis at the cruise terminal last week. I was asking the taxi driver that we rode back with from the Blue Water Divers shop what the charge was for a tour around the island. She said it was $35 pp for up to 2 persons but would negotiate a better price if there were more people.

Archived