what is the size of the safe?

Jo and Rob

Does anyone know the size of the safe in the mini-suite on the Crown? My husband wants to know if he can put his laptop in it!

How big is the laptop? I never bother to put it in the safe, instead I password protect it so that only those who know my super secret code can log on.

You are a very understanding wife letting hime bring his lap top on board during vacation. My mother ( God rest her soul) threatened my father by telling him if he brought the lap top on board she would toss it over board. it was afterall vacation.

On our first cruise i told my husband the same thing and was backed up by his Boss who added that if he brought one on board i was to throw it over board ( even if it was a company computer) and if he went any where near the computer lab i was to toss him overboard. We are going again this March. needless to say he listened.

The princess (and other) safe is pretty small... good for small items. but, do remember that a 'public' safe (hotel, ship, etc.) is only designed to keep honest people honest... it can be opened within 5 to 10 seconds with any 'nominal' electronic device. If you are not sure... set the lock and close the safe (empty) when you arrive. Call the purser and say your safe is locked. A "guy" will show up and in 5 to 10 seconds, have your safe unlocked and ready for a new number...... there ya go..... Honest people stay honest.

...Call the purser and say your safe is locked. A "guy" will show up and in 5 to 10 seconds, have your safe unlocked and ready for a new number...... there ya go..... Honest people stay honest.

I'm not sure why you felt you had to say this. Any safe can be opened by the staff (cabin, hotel room, etc.). They have to have access if the safe is accidentally locked. Why would you comment on this? It's highly unlikely that someone else will be trying to unlock your safe (but I assume you were implying the cabin steward could do so and rifle through your stuff? Unlikely s/he would risk their job doing that.).

I'm not sure why you felt you had to say this. Any safe can be opened by the staff (cabin, hotel room, etc.). They have to have access if the safe is accidentally locked. Why would you comment on this? It's highly unlikely that someone else will be trying to unlock your safe (but I assume you were implying the cabin steward could do so and rifle through your stuff? Unlikely s/he would risk their job doing that.).

I was wondering about that comment also. My wife has accidentally relocked the safe with the wrong combo and it had to be opened only by a security officer. You only get 3 times to enter the correct combo before it shuts everyone out except the master comb. He is the only one who has the master combo and it has to be done while someone is in the room to ensure that nothing goes missing.

Cabin stewards have nothing to do with opening any passenger safes.

Does anyone know the size of the safe in the mini-suite on the Crown? My husband wants to know if he can put his laptop in it!

Hi,

I was going to bring mine but there only certian access points on the ship for wirelless if that is why you are bring it. I do not think it will work in the stateroom. Besides that the ship has an Internet Cafe if you want to use their computers for a fee.

Better check with Princess. See you on board!!

Hugh and Chrisitne icon6.gif

c

Netbook won't fit in the safe either. Just big enough for all your travel documents etc.

HP mini fits.

And, I don't understand why people are so negative about

someone wanting to bring a laptop.

Whenever there is a "live from" post here, it's very, very popular.

If someone brings a laptop to make a "live from" post, is that ok,

or should they worry that someone will throw it overboard.

I bring a laptop to download and edit digital photos, and

occassionally connect to the internet. It doesn't even

have a VPN client to use it for work. I hope that's ok.

Don't think a lap top will fit, We found to buy one of the Cable locking devises for the lap top works great. Remember most all furniture is anchored down if you put the cable around a leg of the furniture the lap top can not be stolen, We travel all over to Real Estate conventions and Legislative meetings in Tallahassee and Washington and have never had any problems using these cables on our lap tops. They have them at any Staples, Office Max or Depot.

The safe is large enough to perhaps put in a camera, jewlery, wallets, and maybe an extra camera lense. The Pursers office perhapsmay have a large safty depsoit box you could look into also.

I was going to bring mine but there only certian access points on the ship for wirelless if that is why you are bring it. I do not think it will work in the stateroom. Besides that the ship has an Internet Cafe if you want to use their computers for a fee.

Wireless is now available in almost every cabin. Same cost as using a ship's computer in the Internet Cafe.

I have taken my laptop on every cruise and leave it on the desk. It has never moved from that spot, wifi throughout the ship. Every steward I have had has been completely trustworthy and I have no issues with leaving certain things out. My passport and wallet etc another story.

Anthony

A 9 in diag Acer netbook (10 x 8 in) fits wit room to spare.

I have placed it in the safe and left it visable on the cabin desk.

Never had a problem with anything taken, but why tempt anyone?

The safe is multiple level and more than adequate.

I have taken my laptop on every cruise and leave it on the desk. It has never moved from that spot, wifi throughout the ship. Every steward I have had has been completely trustworthy and I have no issues with leaving certain things out. My passport and wallet etc another story.

Anthony

I have had the same experience. Never a problem.

What kind of vacation would it be if I had to hide all my valuables every time I left the cabin?

Mike:)

I have had the same experience. Never a problem.

What kind of vacation would it be if I had to hide all my valuables every time I left the cabin?

Mike:)

Yes, we didn't keep my ASUS in the safe, but wanted to see if it would fit.:D

Archived