Are there scales (to weigh yourself) on board?

2Labs2Many

Does the fitness center have scales or can they be found somewhere else on board?

I know - it's kind of like clocks - you really don't want to know, but I'm the crazy person who is vigilantly watching my weight and don't want to let it creep up over 15 days, so I need to weigh in occasionally so that I can step up the activity (because I don't plan on stepping down the food!)

If it matters, we'll be on the Zaandam.

Every HAL ship I've been on has a scale in the gym. I was, at first, going to respond, "why would you want to weigh yourself", but I do understand not wanting to discover thedamage you've done after 15 days. Enjoy your cruise. By the way, there's loads of fresh veggies and salad available everyday for lunch in the Lido, fish and chicken on the menu most nights and you can, if you want, order fresh fruit for dessert.

Be aware that the scales may be inaccurate. While at sea, with the ship in constant motion, they may not be able to give a true, consistent reading. Even while docked it's possible the ship will have a slight list to one side, thereby throwing off the reading.

So, if the number seems a little too high, you have something else to blame. ;)

Oh so true -- just for fun one morning when the ship was rocking and rolling he decided to weigh himself. There was a 30 pound difference in his weight as he kept losing his balance.

But -- it is true that some of the scales may be off compared to your at home as they do not keep them calabrated.

Thanks! I won't take it personally if the scales lie to me. I think I'll try to get a baseline when we get on the ship and then go from there. Maybe a 30 lb "gain" by the 2nd day would curb my enthusiasm for a 2nd dessert!

I am going to try to make good food choice, but you know how it goes - food is part of the cruising experience, right?!!

I don't think I would be so worried about a 7 day cruise, but a 15 day cruise with an extra week on the front side of it to visit friends while we are in California, and I could be setting myself up big time.

I'm already planning the walks around the ship and using only the stairs, so I'm determined to stay active so I CAN eat more.

I had no trouble weighing myself in the gym on my last cruise. Furthermore, I had no trouble keeping weight in check as a result of exercising (ran a mile every day) and not eating between meals. Both my wife and I had no weight gain afterwards.

igraf

Be aware that the scales may be inaccurate. While at sea, with the ship in constant motion, they may not be able to give a true, consistent reading. Even while docked it's possible the ship will have a slight list to one side, thereby throwing off the reading.

So, if the number seems a little too high, you have something else to blame. ;)

I know this isn't popular but I would very much like for their to be scale in cabin bathrooms. We had one in our suite years ago on our Zenith cruises and I liked it fine.

I have never found the scales in the gyms to be accurate and they were not even consistently incorrect. Even when the ship was docked and not moving, they still did not weight even close to what they did the day before. I find them to be of no help in determining my weight on any given day.

Because my elderly mom has to be very watchful of any weight gain of over two pounds in a day, due to her heart condition, we weigh twice a day at the gym. The last cruise we were on (on another line), we had to change the scale from kg to lbs each time we used it. We also found the scale to be reading a bit high, but as another has suggested, we established a 'baseline' at the beginning to compare with.

Archived