LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

It is about time to head up to the Windjammer for Breakfast.

More later...

Thanks, Trainman ! :)

I Love "LIVE" Reports. . . and you are doing a great one! keep it up.

I love your photos. . . I think it's great that you are using in cabin Wi-Fi. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

great reviews, thank you! we're sailing 2/20 bringing our motorcycle with us, we're morning people too where's the best place to get coffee/dougnuts? hopefully, won't be too crowded in the morning. thanks again for the great information:)

The World's largest Cruise Ship has the World's smallest RCI On-line with only 5 PCs to sign up for wireless service in the rooms. The process requires you to scan your Sea Pass and set up a User ID and a Password. Then you can log on from anywhere on the ship and select your payment option.

DSCN9877.jpg

DSCN9878.jpg

Remember this area quite well:eek: indeed small and bad lighting.

Loving your thread and the pictures really help to tell the story and a visual to what you are talking about. Great job and enjoy the ship :)

If I remember correctly, earlier information indicated that each room would have a keyboard that could be used with your TV screen to access the internet. Is that still the case, or was that an "experiment" that never reached the ship ?

Each room does have a keyboard and users can connect to the internet thru their in room flat screen tv. But in order to set up the internet and use wifi internet for your own laptop, users must visit the computer center to swipe their seapass card and setup a username and password.

SUNDAY MORNING - Day 2 - At Sea

Carol is still sleeping and I am posting from our cabin.

The first order of business today was to find coffee! It was on the Prominade as I expected.

DSCN9922.jpg

The "Rising Tides Bar" is on our list of things to check out.

DSCN9918.jpg

Today I will explore the ship and take lots of photos...

I'm sure you will find other spots for morning coffee as well as the week goes on. One of our favorites was the Park Cafe, and of course there is also the donut shop on Boardwalk, or Mondo Coffee Bar on the Royal Promenade.:)

Thanks for the updates. I'm wondering about the new restaurants they have throughout the ship. Do they all have an extra surcharge associated with them? I know the "Chops" type options have an extra cherge but what about the others.

Any insight would be welcome. Enjoy your trip.

Willift

Each room does have a keyboard and users can connect to the internet thru their in room flat screen tv. But in order to set up the internet and use wifi internet for your own laptop, users must visit the computer center to swipe their seapass card and setup a username and password.

We tried to use it on the Dec 5 sailing and it was not working at all. I did not have a laptop. Can you still use the inroom access it if you just want to check email without laptop?

Tyler did it work well for you?

Thanks so much trainman for posting pictures and a review of the Oasis. I can hardly wait for our cruise on the Oasis. We still have along time before we go, but at least I can get a great look at her before we cruise. I am enjoying reading it all. :)

Trainman-This is great. Thanks!

Hoping your wifi bill will not be a shocker as I have read some folks have come hom to 3K wireless bills after using their computers on board.. depending on their carrier/plan selected.

THAT would be a bummer.

Trainman-This is great. Thanks!

Hoping your wifi bill will not be a shocker as I have read some folks have come hom to 3K wireless bills after using their computers on board.. depending on their carrier/plan selected.

THAT would be a bummer.

I am using the ship's Internet service which costs $0.37/minute in a package. It is the folks using cell phone systems that get the giant surprise bills.

Today has not been a good day for Internet service. The ship's systems have been up and down, and PhotoBucket.Com where I host my photos has been slow and the multi-photo up-loader has not been working so I have had to upload photos one at a time which is much slower.

Not this is really nice!

It is a 7-Day Planner with daily highlights that we were given at Check-In. An excellent summary that tells you about all of the "Big Things" going on for the entire week!

I hope the photos are readable...

DSCN9931.jpg

DSCN9932.jpg

DSCN9933.jpg

DSCN9934.jpg

Most of the time we Love our Balcony!

Early this morning...

DSCN9927.jpg

Later this morning... (after Carol and the Sun were up)

DSCN9929.jpg

This afternoon the sun was shining full onto our balcony. It was so hot that we had to abandon it and head to the smoking section in the Schooner Bar.

Speaking of Bars & Smoking we checked out the Viking Crown Lounge today and the entire place is non-smoking. We will not return there. It is a shame because we have always loved these lounges on every RCI Ship we have ever been on. But there are other smoking bars so life goes on.

Archived