seven mile beach

Jo and Rob

I would just go on your own. As a matter of fact, There arent very many shore excursions that I would consider doing with the ship. Thats why we have these boards to research, save money, and do your own. But thats just my opinion. I never book through the cruise and I have never even been close to returning late.

There are lots of taxis that are available both ways. We have hit several. Last time we checked out the public beach (closest seven mile beach to ship) and was pleasantly surprised. There s a little bar with food and clean rest rooms right next door. The water was pristine when we went and much less crowded than the other beaches on 7mb. have fun! Just watch your time. The last few tender lines get very crowded.

Just there in November. Cab to Seven Mile Beach is $4 each way per person. Plenty of cabs available. Try Royal Palms. They rent chairs for $5 and umbrella for $10. There is a bar at the Reef Grill and drinks and food reasonably priced. Cabs waiting when you want to return to the ship. Do not waste money by taking the ship's excursion.

Sea Grape Beach (part of Seven Mile Beach) is my favorite area...just take a taxi...give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship prior to sailing however...the traffic can be pretty bad in Grand Cayman. Here is a photo of the area:

SeaGrapeBeachGrandCayman-1.jpg

7 mile beach - we did this with a princess tour in 2005 - thank goodness we did because the traffic getting back was so bad we were 10 minutes late getting back and the ship waited for our tour. I know they wouldn't wait for you if not on their tour - but perhaps the traffic situation is better now - it was many years ago.

When you exit the tender dock ara there will be a taxi van that goes to the beach, along with lots of other tour operators.

Go out to the sidewalk and the taxi van guy will be there with a sign,

The cost is $5.00 per person. The driver will let you off at Sea Grape Beach which is a public section of Seven Mile Beach. It's just a few miles up the road. Sometimes there is short wait while the van fills up with additional passengers.

Beach chairs can be rented for $$5.00 each. Also umrellas and floats.

There is a beach bar where you can purchase food and drinks if you choose, and small gift vendor area also. I was able to get a wifi signal on my Iphone and check my email..yayyyy....

Just make sure that you allow time to get back to the tender. Traffic can be slow.

Archived