Question for Canadians flying into the USA from Canada with small carry ons

thesawch

We are heading to Miami on Friday through Toronto.We can not find any info on what we can take in our pockets or my wifes purse.We are wondering if we can carry gels or liquids such as toothpaste,lip balm hand sanitizer if its under 100 ML in her purse or my fanny pack. We can't take a carry on other then a fanny pack or purse so we need to know and the web site does not say anything about Canada to the USA on what we can carry for liquids. Thanks

We were planning on travelling with ONLY carry-ons, but thanks to the idiot on Xmas Day, we now have to check our luggage :(

Here's the link to what is and isn't allowed for carry-ons. Note the size of the bags allowed and please do not try to take everything on here. I believe they are still hand checking all items going into the cabin of the aircraft, so don't make it difficult to search. I think I'm going with a small handbag with my wallet, cruise docs, a book, and an mp3 player... that's it.

http://www.catsa.gc.ca/Page.aspx?ID=80&pname=USflights_Vols_EU&lang=en

We are heading to Miami on Friday through Toronto.We can not find any info on what we can take in our pockets or my wifes purse.We are wondering if we can carry gels or liquids such as toothpaste,lip balm hand sanitizer if its under 100 ML in her purse or my fanny pack. We can't take a carry on other then a fanny pack or purse so we need to know and the web site does not say anything about Canada to the USA on what we can carry for liquids. Thanks

You can still bring your 'baggie' with liquids providing they are less then 100 ml as previously regulated. The new regs (as pre the link posted above) are a bit confusing - but you can bring on a laptop case or small purse - dimensions are provided for the 'purse' but not for the laptop - altho the pics shows you can't have anyting that is 'wheeled'.... According to some current travellers sounds like it's no too bad in Toronto and that they are not that strict regarding size (I was worried the customs agents would be whipping out their tape measure to ensure you were meeting the requirements!).... just get there early due to all the additional security checkpoints!

Here's the link to what is and isn't allowed for carry-ons. Note the size of the bags allowed and please do not try to take everything on here. I believe they are still hand checking all items going into the cabin of the aircraft, so don't make it difficult to search. I think I'm going with a small handbag with my wallet, cruise docs, a book, and an mp3 player... that's it.
Wish it was that simple - I still have some 'liquids' in the baggie, my jewellery, camera, ipod, meds, passport/docs/$$ - and hopefully there is some room left over for maybe some tissues, gum, makeup, and a book? Tried to find something small enuf that met the 'allowance' yet big enuf to stuff everything inside - good luck! As mentioned planning to take my usual bag which is a bit over the prescribed 'inches' (it is no bigger than any laptop case....) and hoping for the best!

Wish me luck!

Archived