copenhagen port to airport

What is the distance between the port and the airport in Copenhagen? Is is advisable to buy transfers from the cruise line, or is it just as easy (and maybe cheaper) to get a taxi? I have done my own air arrangements.

My guess is that a taxi would definitely be less expensive and much more convenient thant ship's transfers! I read somewhere that a taxi from the airport to city center is about $25.

Copenhagen airport is only 9km (6mi) southeast of the city center; a 12-minute train ride from Central Station or a 15-minute dash from the center in a taxi. The port is not far from the city center. A local bus service (No 250S) connects the airport with Radhuspladsen, the city's central square, and also with Central Station, but takes 35 minutes.

The cab drivers in Copenhagen take credit cards. They have a machine in their cab (it's not like the ones that are used in the States), and the transaction goes through electronically at the end of your ride. Cabs are readily available as you disembark the ship. Tips for Taxi drivers are included in the fare.

You'll find more information about getting around Copenhagen (as well as the other Scandinavian ports) on the Baltics board.

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

We took a cab from the airport to the our hotel last year - Hotel Phoenix - which is actually quite near the port and that cost us 30Euros.

Therefore that would be a lot cheaper than two transfers at $75US each.

Jennie.

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

Archived