Formal Portraits

You can access some of your photos with your Seapass at the kiosk.

I asked the girl at the kiosk if we were able to do just this, and she said no. When I asked her why they want our sea pass card when we have our pictures taken, she just said she didn't know and shrugged her shoulders. It was a shame-we really wanted to buy some of our formal pictures, but when we came back for them we couldn't find them. It just seems that there ought to be a way for us to look at our pictures ( and purchase them) without having to go through the thousands of others. The whole system seems very wasteful and inefficient. In this digital age, there must be a better way!

I asked the girl at the kiosk if we were able to do just this, and she said no. When I asked her why they want our sea pass card when we have our pictures taken, she just said she didn't know and shrugged her shoulders. It was a shame-we really wanted to buy some of our formal pictures, but when we came back for them we couldn't find them. It just seems that there ought to be a way for us to look at our pictures ( and purchase them) without having to go through the thousands of others. The whole system seems very wasteful and inefficient. In this digital age, there must be a better way!

Rollnoles, I had never thought about it before, but you are right. Seems like a lot of waste, and a lot of trouble to find them.

That being said, we don't buy photos, but something draws us to look for our photo now and then. I wonder if less people would look (and thus buy) with kiosk only options.

I totally agree. We comment on this each and every cruise. Can you imagine how much paper and ink they go through when a lot of the pictures just get tossed?! I'm sure they recycle, but there has to be a better way. They need some kind of computer based system that lets us view the pictures before they print them. Then only print the ones people want. Maybe the prices for photos would go down then? Just a thought!! Or a dream maybe! ;)

I bet they could develop a system where each go to a central display screen, put in a code and look at our photos much like we do when we are selecting which ones to print off our digital card. We then print out our order, turn into the counter & come back next AM and get our pictures. It certainly would be alot easier to locate our photos then going from one end to the other.

On our cruise last year they did this and we we able to look them up on the computers in the photo areas. This was nice as we were able to go there use our sea pass card and see them with out looking all over the wall for them..

When we were on Mariner in 2007 they put all of our photos in one envelope with our state room number on it. All we had to find was our state room number. The only pics we had to search for were the random ones taking in the dining room, etc. I thought that was why they needed our sea pass. It was very nice having to just go to your folder and all the pics were there. Now on Liberty this past December we had to search out every photo taken. Spent lots of time searching and looking.

Archived