Who sailed the Carnival Mardi Gras?

Abram797

39 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

If you have anything to prove you were on it, they will credit you, ie a picture with ship name in it.

They've  put a time limit on that......no credit beyond a certain number of years (don't remember exact number) but I was denied credit for a cruise in the mid 80's as 'too old'. 

Edited by Diver2014

Just now, Diver2014 said:

They've  put a time limit on that......no credit beyond a certain number of years (don't remember exact number) but I was denied credit for a cruise in the early 90's as 'too old'. 

I didn't now that. I'd argue it with a supervisor. That's maddening!

I remember that shower/toilet set up on the Mardi Gras.....I was sharing an inside room with my grandmother and she refused to perch herself on that toilet that was basically a pipe that came up out of the floor with a seat on it.  Sitting on the toilet to take a shower was a bit confining.  We've come a long way!

We were recently married.  I was 44 and my wife was 41.  We had the best cabin on the ship.  Highest deck all the way aft.  It was the end stateroom with views out the port and astern areas.  This was our first cruise and didn't have all the correct clothes for attending the Captain's reception.  

My wife and I sailed on the Marti Gras in February 1974' It was our first of a lot of cruises. I don't have any pics but have some great memories. As I remember there were no balcony cabins but we had a porthole. The ship had been used in another life to make runs from the UK to Cape Town S.A. There was a lot of wood ! I think there was only one seating for dinner and we had assigned tables. We had a table for 8 with a single so we only had 7 for dinner each night. I didn't but two of the guys wore tuxes every night. Different ones ! The ship had no stabilizers and one of the wives wanted to fly home from Nassau. I think the stops were Nassau Puerto Rico and Jamaica.  The ship was cash only !!! Our fares were $700 each with round trip air from Boston.

Lastly, all the Carnival Capers from the cruise...hope they're legible...and sorry, I had to use my phone camera since I'm too lazy to pull out the scanner.  😀

If someone really wants a better copy of the Capers, I'll try to get them scanned...but, I'll wait for the request before doing it.

First up...Welcome Aboard Day!

72284a.thumb.jpg.14d61e8c76f72c814675cc377aa40093.jpg72284b.thumb.jpg.8994c71645f7217f069388c4cf724947.jpg