Who sailed the Carnival Mardi Gras?

Abram797

On 11/28/2010 at 5:43 PM, seagarsmoker said:

I sailed on the Mardi Gras in 1989 with my ex. Worst ship and cruise I have ever experienced.

As mentioned above - no TV or phone in the cabin. No atrium to navagate by, just endless cabins everywhere.

In our 'outside' room, the toilet was under the shower head and the sink was in the hall next to the front door. When you took a shower, you had to put the TP on the bed or it would get soaked. When I put my suit jacket on for formal dinner, I had to do it on the hallway as my arms would hit one of the walls if I did it in the room. Coffee was served in paper cups from those old 10 gallon metal canisters they used from the 50's.

Sounds like you were in crew quarters.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

Sounds like you were in crew quarters.

Did you notice his post was from 2010?  I guess people's memories of the Mardi Gras haven't changed much in 10 years or 15 years or 25 years.....LOL.

11 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Did you notice his post was from 2010?  I guess people's memories of the Mardi Gras haven't changed much in 10 years or 15 years or 25 years.....LOL.

Very true and I did not notice the date.  Unfortunately, I remember it like it was yesterday. 

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just had to locate old photos of embarkation, so I could get credit for these two 7 day cruises on my VIPF account! Carnival was excellent and fast in giving me credit. I just sent the two pictures they used to take as you boarded the ship, under the ship name and date . I had the 14 points added within one day to my VIPF account.

Edited by 101sfs82
addition

On 1/19/2010 at 12:10 PM, cruisers5 said:

That was my first cruise. I remember the bathroom only has a toilet and shower in it. And the shower was just a shower head on a hose attached to the wall - you'd have to pull a curtain across to stop water going on toilet (which never worked - so paper always got wet). Water would leak into the cabin. The sink was in the cabin. I had to go down the hall to a little "room" to dry my hair, there wasn't a plug available in the cabin.

My very first cruise was on that ship too, before I was married. You described the bathroom to a "T". We had two bunk beds in the cabin for the four of us girls. I remember drying my long hair on deck with a brush in the breeze. I also remember there was beautiful teak all over the ship.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:41 AM, 101sfs82 said:

I just had to locate old photos of embarkation, so I could get credit for these two 7 day cruises on my VIPF account! Carnival was excellent and fast in giving me credit. I just sent the two pictures they used to take as you boarded the ship, under the ship name and date . I had the 14 points added within one day to my VIPF account.

They did the same for me for my 1979 cruise

39 minutes ago, gulliver34 said:

They did the same for me for my 1979 cruise

Same for my 1984 Mardi Gras cruise. Those embarkation pics were something, especially compared to what they look like now.

• 1 year later...

Did a singles cruise on the Mardi Gras with an Ottawa, Canada tour group back in 1983.  Don't remember getting much sleep but a great experience for a first cruise.  (Even entered the male nightgown contest after some liquid encouragement).

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

• Like 1