Abandoned ship

Gemini4321

Hi All,

After all the bad reviews I was getting very worried about ours in June, we thought long and hard and as it my 50th Birthday and we want this to be a memorable in the right way we decided today to change our cruise from Island Escape to the Dream, didn't cost us that much more.

Sue

Hi All,

After all the bad reviews I was getting very worried about ours in June, we thought long and hard and as it my 50th Birthday and we want this to be a memorable in the right way we decided today to change our cruise from Island Escape to the Dream, didn't cost us that much more.

Sue

Hi Sue

I agree with Mrs C think you've made the right decision. We were on the Escape in Nov. we didn't have any problems like the others had at Christmas:eek: but we will not be going on it again.

Mary

Hi All,

Sue

Hi Sue! That's interesting. I am also booked on Island Escape for June. It is our first ever cruise & we are celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. Naturally we want it to be special. You've given me something to think about. I will have a look at the Dream.

hi moto 9. i wouldent tell anyone what to do, however we were on that IE at xmas and had nothing but problems, we had to change cabins twice because of the smell of urine in one of the cabins. I would never go on that ship again, but i would still go on the other thomsons ships, we went on the spirit a few years ago and that was far better. I would think about it if i was you because its a special occasion, that you will want to remember. take care:)

I for one will definitely will not be changing my Holiday because 1 or 2 people haven't had a good Holiday and posted on a web site?

I have been on the Island escape more than 8 times? and I do agree that the IE is getting tired and awaiting a refurb, but what she lacks there is the staff willing to make your Holiday a bit special.

Here endeth the soap box rant :D

Jim & Rebel its up to you what ship you choose and after her re fit we might think about going on her.

Its my 50th birthday and our 1st cruise and we would like it to be something very special, I know some people will always complain for no reason but the Christmas cruise and pictures I have seen made us think twice.

We got a cruise magazine from Thomsons yesterday and it said the Island escape is having up to 4 million spent on her in the next 13 months that must say something if they need to spend that amount of money on her.

Moto we have got a direct number for someone if you want to change, one thing I would say is price it up on web first as the price they gave us over the phone was a little bit higher but they matched the web price.Its £35 each to transfer and can be done as long as its 8 weeks before your travel dates.

Sue

I think you will find its more than a few people who had a bad cruise:mad: This ship is a total wreck, inside and out, it cost us alot of money to go on the xmas cruise, the same as it did for many people who were on that cruise. I think you need to read the reviews , there are lots of them . you had to be on it to really know how bad it was, we have been to alot of places in the world and have seen some s##t holes, but that rust bucket that they call a cruise ship really takes the biscuit!!!:mad:

Its my 50th birthday and our 1st cruise and we would like it to be something very special, I know some people will always complain for no reason but the Christmas cruise and pictures I have seen made us think twice.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm on the Dream on 27th April on her 1st full week's cruise. I'll let you know how we get on.

Berwyn

hi moto 9. i wouldent tell anyone what to do, however we were on that IE at xmas and had nothing but problems, we had to change cabins twice because of the smell of urine in one of the cabins. I would never go on that ship again, but i would still go on the other thomsons ships, we went on the spirit a few years ago and that was far better. I would think about it if i was you because its a special occasion, that you will want to remember. take care:)

Hi Chippy M. Thanks - all info welcome. Will bear in mind what you have said. Still looking in to my options.

Jim & Rebel its up to you what ship you choose and after her re fit we might think about going on her.

We got a cruise magazine from Thomsons yesterday and it said the Island escape is having up to 4 million spent on her in the next 13 months that must say something if they need to spend that amount of money on her.

Moto we have got a direct number for someone if you want to change, one thing I would say is price it up on web first as the price they gave us over the phone was a little bit higher but they matched the web price.Its £35 each to transfer and can be done as long as its 8 weeks before your travel dates.

Hi Sue. Thanks. Still thinking about what to do. I had heard such good things about IE that part of me still wants to try it but maybe I should change for now and try IE after the refurb! :confused: Will be calling in with Thomson soon to see what they have to say In the meantime I am going to check out Dream. Thanks again. Bye for now. :)

Jim & Rebel its up to you what ship you choose and after her re fit we might think about going on her.[/quote

This will be my first time on IE after 3 cruises on OV and under no illusions that IE is an inferior ship to OV.I still booked IE after reading reviews some good some bad but hey ho i`ll make the best of it.If you read reviews on other cruise ships you`ll see good and bad,some have different expectations.If you read review on hotels you`ll see good and bad..What i`m looking for from IE is a relaxed casual cruise,good time,laugh and a drink from RR ;)

What I wouldn`t want would be the opposite of the above obviously,formal dress/nights etc

Its my 50th birthday and our 1st cruise and we would like it to be something very special,

Totally understand that

Millions were spent on OV(which in my opinion wasn`t required) and looking at the vids of the refit it was very superficial and not a huge difference to what it was previously.

I hope you get what your looking for Sue

Hi Gemini

How do I get hold of a Thomson cruise magazine please?

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy,

We've just had one too. We didn't request it, it just appeared in the post.

I took it we got it as we've just got back from the cruise last month.

Berwyn

Rebel,

You dont have to do formal, smart dress apart from Gala night.

Enjoy the space :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will be great, all I want is a nice clean place to sleep and wash not much to ask.

Flopsey,

I think they might send it out if you have booked a cruise, its not got that much in.

Sue :)

Rebel,

I'm sure it will be great, all I want is a nice clean place to sleep and wash not much to ask.

I was on the Island Escape at Christmas, and have now had quite some time to take stock of it all, and, alot of our disappointment, really couldnt be helped, due to the weather, one thing I would say, is, and maybe just because of our excellent cabin steward Wayan, but, that it was not clean,

Rebel,

You dont have to do formal, smart dress apart from Gala night.

Enjoy the space :rolleyes:

Sue :)

Sue, I have been on the IE many many times This June it will be 9th & 10th Cruise..Think I might get used to it :D

Formal doesnt work with me .. Mrs might think I'm on the pull :p

RR

Hi sue

I gave into my trepidation about Island Escape today -as this is my only foreign holiday this year, and for my 65th bithday, I want to be able to look forward to it. So I have jumped ship too!

I cancelled Island Escape and changed to the Destiny, sailing two days later- almost the same ports of call so no worries there.

Now I am looking forward to it which is a relief!

Thanks for the info about the Thomson magazine- I guess I better wait n see if I get one!

Flopsy

Thanks for the info about the Thomson magazine- I guess I better wait n see if I get one!

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy,

If we hadn't been on her, (or aboard on the Christmas Cruise), and was reading all this we'd be like you and play safe.

There is an email addy for the magazine. cruiseletters@cedarcom.co.uk . It's not just for letters according them. You could try it to see if you'll get one.

Berwyn

Hi Flopsy,

If we hadn't been on her, (or aboard on the Christmas Cruise), and was reading all this we'd be like you and play safe.

There is an email addy for the magazine. cruiseletters@cedarcom.co.uk . It's not just for letters according them. You could try it to see if you'll get one.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Glad you put this add. on for Flopsy. I haven't received the magazine this year and I usually get it through the post so I have tried the above.

Also I hope you read this sorry it's not about cruising but did I see on another of your posts you put something on about the swine flu vacination?

Mary

Hi Berwyn

Glad you put this add. on for Flopsy. I haven't received the magazine this year and I usually get it through the post so I have tried the above.

Also I hope you read this sorry it's not about cruising but did I see on another of your posts you put something on about the swine flu vacination?

Mary

Hi Mary,

I think many of the threads on here tend to wander off to anything but cruising.:D

I've had both Flu jabs, no side effects from either. Many of the girls in work had very stiff painful upper arms after, but they had it from occupational health nurse. I had mine in G.P. surgery off the nurse and had no problems.

DW was ill with flu like symptoms not long after I had it and I got the blame.

I'm not convinced this Swine Flu is as bad as they make out, (if it exists at all).

We have cancelled our cruise in Sept. and are off to Mexico to see the Mayan ruins before 2012. Anyway I was going through the hotel reviews on Tripadvisor and going all the way back to April / May last year when it broke out there, and there are lots of comments from people saying they have seen no sign of anyone ill there

Also i was looking not long ago at current death rates and they are only slightly ahead of us. If they are mainly a poor country and not as good access to treatment. Their death rate figures should be much higher.

Berwyn

Archived