QV short 4 night cruise to MX?

kath00

Hello,

This is my first time on the Cunard boards and I am looking for a little advice. DH and I are considering booking the short 4 night cruise from LA to Mexico in February 2011 on QV. I would love to see the ship and explore the Cunard line from my back yard.

However, we are concerned about the weather. Living in San Diego, we know that February is our "rainy season" and I am concerned about being on a smaller ship and getting sea sick on the rough Pacific.

Any thoughts or comments on doing this cruise? Is QV as stable as the other, perhaps larger ships in bad weather and larger swells?

Thanks! Katherine

Hello,

This is my first time on the Cunard boards and I am looking for a little advice. DH and I are considering booking the short 4 night cruise from LA to Mexico in February 2011 on QV. I would love to see the ship and explore the Cunard line from my back yard.

However, we are concerned about the weather. Living in San Diego, we know that February is our "rainy season" and I am concerned about being on a smaller ship and getting sea sick on the rough Pacific.

Any thoughts or comments on doing this cruise? Is QV as stable as the other, perhaps larger ships in bad weather and larger swells?

Thanks! Katherine

Kath, I think you will enjoy this trip. When you return I am boarding the Victoria for 14 days to Hawaii and back. She is a very well behaved ship. I traveled on her last January, and for two of the days followed the same route you will take. There were no problems.

And Queen Victoria is as large or larger than the most ships on the Pacific today. Moreover she is a wonderful stylish ship. Take the cruise and enjoy.

Cheers Mike

Thanks for the input. I would LOVE to do that Hawaii run with you, Mike! I think we will book the 4 days just to explore the ship and have some peace and quiet without the kids. I didn't realize it just goes to Ensenada, not further south; we won't be getting off the ship, me thinks. It's the perfect little getaway for us and a chance to see if we'd like to do one of the longer cruises with Cunard later.

Katherine

I was on the QV in October returniing through the Bay of Biscay which is notorious for bad weather, it was rough and QV IMHO did not handle it well, there was a lot of movement on the ship and there were a lot of seasick pasengers and broken glasses, it was sometimes difficult to stand and we were almost rolling out of bed, some people like the experience of rough seas, i did not.

Archived