What types of toiletries are in the rooms?

2Labs2Many

Every cabin has small (1.7 oz) bottles of the following Elemis products:

body lotion, body wash, shampoo, conditioner.

They also have bath soap, hand soap, and a shower cap.

All are replenished as necessary.

Personally, I love the products, and always try to bring home the leftovers.

The Elemis products include:

1.7 ounce bottle - Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

1.7 ounce bottle - Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

Even though we don't use the Elemis shampoo and conditioner, I did notice that we had 2 different type of bottles on our recent Zuiderdam cruises. The bottles appear to be the same -- only the new ones are a clear plastic. But upon futher investigation I discovered that the new bottles are thicker and now contain only 1.4 fluid ounces instead of 1.7 fluid ounces.

Also the new zest cleansing bar soap is smaller -- 25 grams or 0.9 ounces.

I wasn't sure about citrus soap if it is smaller -- size is listed as 40 grams or 1.4 ounces.

Interesting about the downsizing. Enjoyed the Elemis products on Noordam. Still have the conditioner and on our 9/09 curise on NCL they had the body lotion in 1.4 oz. size. Thought they were just cutting corners!! Guess like cans of coffee and tuna they cut the size.

On our November Maasdam, we got only 1.7oz and none of the downsized 1.4oz bottles ... what was strange, tho, was that some of the toiletries had labels stating "Product of the Czech Republic". The labels were placed over the "Product of England" printing on the bottle. So, tho not downsized, perhaps cheaper to HAL than the original English product?

Saves me from having to pack more things. Great smell, great product. Beats the garbage on other lines. No kidding. It's one of the reasons they are the Signature of Excellence (with the pear, did you notice?):)

Thanks for the replies. If I'm not mistaken, Elemis is what we had on our last cruise on Princess. Great to know - I won't feel like I need to pack so much.

DH is trying to convince me I can get by on a 15 day cruise with just a carry on bag.

Too bad for him that he is wrong. :D

On our November Maasdam, we got only 1.7oz and none of the downsized 1.4oz bottles ... what was strange, tho, was that some of the toiletries had labels stating "Product of the Czech Republic". The labels were placed over the "Product of England" printing on the bottle. So, tho not downsized, perhaps cheaper to HAL than the original English product?

That is interesting!!

Hope someone else checks the bottles and reports back here about those labels.

Thanks for the replies. If I'm not mistaken, Elemis is what we had on our last cruise on Princess. Great to know - I won't feel like I need to pack so much.

DH is trying to convince me I can get by on a 15 day cruise with just a carry on bag.

Too bad for him that he is wrong. :D

For years I've been the queen of overpacking. Over the past year or so, I've tried to buy clothing from travel companies that are lots of mix and match. Plus, they roll up and take up practically no room, and best of all, don't wrinkle.

If I could just cut down on shoes, I'd be able to do a 15 day cruise with just a carry-on. We went to Marco Island for two weeks and I had just a carry-on. For a cruise, I bring more shoes. I bought the largest carry-on allowed, and you'd be surprised how much you can fit inside, especially since the cruise supplies toiletry products and hairdryer.

Jo-Ann

That is interesting!!

Hope someone else checks the bottles and reports back here about those labels.

Yep, a little paper label glued over the bottle printed origina statement. Hard to miss, so I also hope others will report back.

Archived