Need Guide for Rio

Jane110

We'll get off our ship in the AM and don't need to be at the airport until about 3:00 or 4:00, so I'm looking for suggestions for a guide/driver who can pick us up at the ship, keep our luggage in the car, show us some sights and then get us to the airport.

Need someone that speaks english.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jane

Hi Jane,

I am having Renata & Mario Hein do exactly that for us on Monday, 14 Feb when we disembark from the Insignia in Rio. The only difference is that Renata will be providing secure luggage storage elsewhere, not in car.

I am aware of at least one other couple from the Insignia who wanted her to do the same thing, and I know Renata is arranging for one of her associates to do the same thing.

Good Luck - Jon

Hi Jon and Cheryl,

I'm on that cruise too. :-)

Thanks for the information.

I looked for you on the yahoo Oceania board, but didn't find you.

Might you be interested in sharing to keep the costs down? If not, no problem. Anyway to email you?

Thanks,

Jane

We are going to be in Rio for a few days and while I speak enough Spanish to order a proper beer or meal. I speak virtually no Portuguese, and I would appreciate it if you could send me contact information for these folks. We won't be there until November 2005, but I would like to have a guide for at least one day. Please email me...

thanks

jc

Jane110: on the Yahoo boards for Oceania, I am sscjeat.

But I more frequently check the specific Yahoo board for this cruise which is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oceania-SA-2005reunion/

Jane110: I sent more information regarding the specific guide in Rio but it was edited out on the CruiseCritic board. When I tried to send you e-mail from the CruiseCritic board, I got the message that you are not accepting e-mail messages. Why don't you e-mail me at:

a very@cc il.org (remove spaces)

and give me a good e-mail address for you.

jc: I will be sending information to you at the e-mail address given

Jon

We booked our Rio tours through http://www.southstartours.com (not listed on website...call for details). We had nice vans, and they not only took us on our tours and then after the last one to the airport, they stayed with us until our flight checked in to be sure we got on safely.

In that much time, I would plan on a city tour...Corcovado to see the view and the Christ the Redeamer statue, then drive down through the Tijica Rain Forest and back along the famous beaches (Ipanema and Cococabana) and Sugar Loaf, then on to the airport.

Archived