Obstructed balcony on Carnival Miracle

lilyfrog73

Why would anyone want an obstructed balcony????

at 160.00pp savings it is easy to want the obstructed balcony.

the middle picture above is a inside with french doors--NOT a balcony cabin (to avoid confusion)

the lifeboats sit at the railing. You can look out just not look down

We were told (too late) that to get a room past the first 3 lifeboats which are actually tender boats and obstruct more of the view. We went obstructed view b/c we got a balconey for an 8 day cruise for $699. We just want a place to sit outside away from the hustle/bustle and have a quiet cup of coffee or glass of wine. The view is nice when arriving or departing a port, but a lot of the time you are in open water with not much to see or in port on an excursion. This is our first obstructed view so we'll find out soon. Leaving next Sunday - watch for our review. :)

Thanks for the responses. We never worried about a balcony but the price makes it tempting. We are also just looking for someplace to have a quiet seat to relax and enjoy the fresh air. I just didn't want to feel boxed in.

I suggest trying the option for "balcony guarantee" You are not necessarily going to get a good room, but for the price, its worth a gamble! I got myself upgraded to an extended balcony with my balcony guarantee!

Thanks, everyone, for all the info

Based upon what everyone has written, I can see that an obstructed view would definitely not work for us. My husband is out on the balcony, with his camera, looking for whales, porpoises, turtles, etc....if he couldn't see down, he'd be very upset LOL

Archived