Whats the best thing to do in Costa Maya?

Txcruisers04

What is best for one person might be totally inappropriate for the next person. You need to give some kind of information about yourself in order for the rest of us to be able to give you better answers. Things like: your age, traveling with kids or not, interested in ruins or not, like to drink or not, and are you active or more sedentary.

What we did is take the taxi to Mahahaul, the town about 2 miles south of the cruiseline built port of Costa Maya. We spent the day in one place on the beach. We ate food from a local restaurant which was very good. It was probably my family's favorite stop as a family.

The port itself is like a strip mall of stores arranged in a crescent, with pretty much the same "duty free" jewelry and booze as every other place a cruise ship stops. There are local people selling "stuff" in the center. There is a large saltwater pool, a couple of bars and a restaurant. It all looks nice and clean and is not at all like the real Mexico.

My Costa Maya photos

What is best for one person might be totally inappropriate for the next person. You need to give some kind of information about yourself in order for the rest of us to be able to give you better answers. Things like: your age, traveling with kids or not, interested in ruins or not, like to drink or not, and are you active or more sedentary.

What we did is take the taxi to Mahahaul, the town about 2 miles south of the cruiseline built port of Costa Maya. We spent the day in one place on the beach. We ate food from a local restaurant which was very good. It was probably my family's favorite stop as a family.

The port itself is like a strip mall of stores arranged in a crescent, with pretty much the same "duty free" jewelry and booze as every other place a cruise ship stops. There are local people selling "stuff" in the center. There is a large saltwater pool, a couple of bars and a restaurant. It all looks nice and clean and is not at all like the real Mexico.

My Costa Maya photos

sorry

Traveling with family..2 kids ages (14 & 4)

Great photos!

thanks for your help!!!

Depending on the time you'll spend at Costa Maya, have you considered taking a snorkeling tour or probably a tour to the ruins?. Definitely it's a good idea to visit the village, but I've seen it extremely crowded these last days specially when there are three ships arriving on the same day. Majahual is a very small village (only a few blocks) and when there's a lot of people it's definitely difficult to enjoy. I suggest combining your vist to it with any other activity.

Hi TxCruiser, sounds like we are on the same cruise....

Are you going to try and snorkle with your 4 year old?

My wife and I are thinking of taking her and her 9 year old sister on a small snorkle trip...

Only 39 more days.....

Archived