Outside public space on Solstice?

la2kw

We are considering booking an inside on the Solstice to the Eastern Caribbean this summer. Looking at the deck plans, I don't see a promenade deck or much outside space other than the pool areas and top deck. Are there places to sit outside and just relax without sitting in a bar area or the pool? It looks like a great ship, but I want to make sure I will be able to get to the sunshine when I leave my inside cabin.

The Solstice is a fantastic ship!!! Great food, shows and service. We just spent a week to the Eastern Carribean and getting sunshine is not a problem. The pool on Deck 12 has plenty of deck chairs in the sun and shade. The deck above the pool (Deck 14) also has both. Chairs are spread out all around Deck 14. The upper deck has the Lawn Club with real grass! There are limited seats but one side (Starboard) is a smoking area. The Oceanview Cafe/Bar has outside seating. Deck 5 (lifeboat deck) also has plenty of seating but the lifeboats do spoil the view. There are also deck chairs on the forward upper decks.

There is a promenade deck. Sort of. I think it is on 5. It does not go all the way around (or even extend most of the distance.)

There are certainly deck spaces on 12, 14, 15 (is there a 16 too or am I confused) that you can enjoy some sun. I did notice that on sea days at "premium" pool times nearly every deck chair was taken (often by a novel rather than a person but still not available.) One particularly popular time we strolled for a good 15 minutes looking for ANY available chair. If you're not offput by the prospect of difficulty during peak times I'd say go for it. We came back onboard very early while docked at Labadee and the pool decks were nearly empty.

Archived