newbie questions before cruise

punkmuse

hello

we leave for our cruise on the Emerald Princess in less than 2 months :eek: i have a few questions that i have not found the answers for:

1. we will be on board during March Madness, my husband is already threatening not to go on the cruise :p does the ship get ESPN reliably or is it kind of a crapshoot? we always tend to go on vacation in March and it seems on the other cruises we have been on it was a crapshoot of whether or not they were airing ESPN or ESPN international, whether or not the reception came in, and whether or not the bartender wherever we were was willing to change the channel and look

2.how can i find the emergency phone # for the ship?? my sister in law and her boyfriend are very graciously going to be staying at our house while we are gone to take care of our hoard of animals and i would like a number to give them for a serious emergency. (our dog has issues) i found this: To provide greater peace of mind while you’re away from home, give friends and relatives the following information on how to telephone you. For all ships in the Princess Fleet, call 900-329-SHIP (900-329-7447) from the US or 900-565-2800."

is that the appropriate contact info?? i know they wont be able to contact us immediately but with that and our ship # and cabin # they will be able to get a message to us?

3. is there seriously 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise? i was figuring for one but looking at my travel summary it says 2. :eek:

4. for the serenity pool for adults what exactly is the fee and how long does that fee last? i have heard both $10 per half day and $10 per day. also what does it get you besides quiet? if its nothing that's fine i just am curious. do you get that seat basically assigned to you for that allotted time or if you leave does it get snatched away?

5. does Princess offer yoga classes and how much are they? ive noticed on other cruise lines its usually about $15.

thanks so much! :)

hello

we leave for our cruise on the Emerald Princess in less than 2 months :eek: i have a few questions that i have not found the answers for:

1. we will be on board during March Madness, my husband is already threatening not to go on the cruise :p does the ship get ESPN reliably or is it kind of a crapshoot? The chances of seeing ESPN is very slim. we always tend to go on vacation in March and it seems on the other cruises we have been on it was a crapshoot of whether or not they were airing ESPN or ESPN international, whether or not the reception came in, and whether or not the bartender wherever we were was willing to change the channel and look

2.how can i find the emergency phone # for the ship?? my sister in law and her boyfriend are very graciously going to be staying at our house while we are gone to take care of our hoard of animals and i would like a number to give them for a serious emergency. (our dog has issues) i found this: To provide greater peace of mind while you’re away from home, give friends and relatives the following information on how to telephone you. For all ships in the Princess Fleet, call 900-329-SHIP (900-329-7447) from the US or 900-565-2800."

is that the appropriate contact info?? YES i know they wont be able to contact us immediately but with that and our ship # and cabin # they will be able to get a message to us? YES

3. is there seriously 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise? YES i was figuring for one but looking at my travel summary it says 2. :eek:

4. for the serenity pool for adults what exactly is the fee and how long does that fee last? i have heard both $10 per half day and $10 per day. also what does it get you besides quiet? if its nothing that's fine i just am curious. do you get that seat basically assigned to you for that allotted time or if you leave does it get snatched away? Never used it

5. does Princess offer yoga classes and how much are they? Don't think so. ive noticed on other cruise lines its usually about $15.

Have a great cruise.

sorry one more:

what is this coffee card and where do i purchase it? The card is purchased at the coffee bar on deck 5. I think it's $28. There are then 14 punches. do i purchase it at one of the little coffee places?

does it seriously give you like 14 free coffee drinks like i thought i heard?The drinks aren't "free" since you've paid for the card.[/quote]

enjoy

sorry one more:

what is this coffee card and where do i purchase it? The card is purchased at the coffee bar on deck 5. I think it's $28. There are then 14 punches. do i purchase it at one of the little coffee places? We purchased ours at the International Cafe.

does it seriously give you like 14 free coffee drinks like i thought i heard?The drinks aren't "free" since you've paid for the card.[/quote] There are 15 punches on each card for (lattes, mochas, etc). You also get an unlimited number of brewed cups of coffee as long as you have at least one punch left on the card. The card can be used on your next Princess cruise...again, as long as you have at least one punch left on the card.

Also, I think there are yoga classes...didn't do them so I can't swear to it. They may not be on every cruise. I think they cost around $12/class. There are some free classes as well.

hello

1. we will be on board during March Madness, my husband is already threatening not to go on the cruise :p does the ship get ESPN reliably or is it kind of a crapshoot? we always tend to go on vacation in March and it seems on the other cruises we have been on it was a crapshoot of whether or not they were airing ESPN or ESPN international, whether or not the reception came in, and whether or not the bartender wherever we were was willing to change the channel and look

is that the appropriate contact info?? i know they wont be able to contact us immediately but with that and our ship # and cabin # they will be able to get a message to us?

3. is there seriously 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise? i was figuring for one but looking at my travel summary it says 2. :eek:

4. for the serenity pool for adults what exactly is the fee and how long does that fee last? i have heard both $10 per half day and $10 per day. also what does it get you besides quiet? if its nothing that's fine i just am curious. do you get that seat basically assigned to you for that allotted time or if you leave does it get snatched away?

5. does Princess offer yoga classes and how much are they? ive noticed on other cruise lines its usually about $15.

1. Good luck on getting ESPN. Chances are definitely not good.

2. If you have a cell phone, take it with you. If it is one of the big four cellular providers, it will work ($$).

3. There are two nights

4. The Lotus spa pool is free and really nice for adults. I love it.

5. I am not a yoga fan so I don't know.

The Yoga offering will depend on who the Personal Trainers are, sometimes it is offered and the classes are $12 Pilates classes are also available.

With the coffee card you get your 14 speciality coffees and unlimited brewed coffee/tea/hot chocolate.

good point tophat4321.

so change my question to what are my chances of getting CBS?

i think last year we were trying to watch the Big East finals which was on ESPN

Usually you can only see CNN although sometimes the Sports bar can get the games. CBS is a NO.

Archived