Single Parents

hlsess

I'm taking my two teenage stepchildren on the 2/26 Mariner of the Seas. We always did this as a family but after losing my wife to cancer last month we are doing it to "regroup" as a family. I'll admit I am a little apprehensive about it. I know the kids will have fun because that is what kids do. They have never had trouble finding something to do on the cruiseships. It's going to be very different for me. It would be nice to meet and talk to someone on the ship who has been through the same thing.

I am widowed and took my 15 year old twins on the Voyager of the Seas last April. My husband and I had taken a cruise for our 15th anniversary. I didn't meet any other singles parents on that cruise. It was Spring break and lots of "family bonding" going on. Had a good time on the ship and shore excursions but did find that even after four years without my husband, memories of our trip together came flooding back after seeing all of the other couples. We have another cruise planned for the kids 16th birthday in early April on Explorer of the Seas. After reading all of these messages, I'm going to be braver about getting out there and doing some adult activities alone. This board has given me courage.

Archived