Movin' on up!! The upgrade fairy just called!!

rozndon

My TA just called with an offer to upgrade from an oceanview stateroom to a Deluxe Veranda for $99 per person. We decided to do it as my TA said it was a good deal and I always, always wanted a balcony. Formally, we were in D1111 on the Main deck - now it V8110 on the Navigation deck. Noise?? I don't care - I've got earplugs. To say I'm excited is quite an understatement. We decided initially not to spend the extra money for the veranda, but now, it's kind of fallen in our laps. Can't wait till Saturday! And now I'm planning on ordering room service to eat out on the veranda just like I've read people here doing. Yea!!:

My TA just called with an offer to upgrade from an oceanview stateroom to a Deluxe Veranda for $99 per person. We decided to do it as my TA said it was a good deal and I always, always wanted a balcony. Formally, we were in D1111 on the Main deck - now it V8110 on the Navigation deck. Noise?? I don't care - I've got earplugs. To say I'm excited is quite an understatement. We decided initially not to spend the extra money for the veranda, but now, it's kind of fallen in our laps. Can't wait till Saturday! And now I'm planning on ordering room service to eat out on the veranda just like I've read people here doing. Yea!!:

Awesome upsell and Congratulations!!! Hoping to get our call anytime now also:)

What ship are you sailing out on?? And to where??

Joanie

Awesome upsell and Congratulations!!! Hoping to get our call anytime now also:)

What ship are you sailing out on?? And to where??

Joanie

We're sailing this Saturday on the Eurodam to the Eastern Carribbean. So excited!! It's only our 2nd cruise.

We are on that same cruise. Have a SZ Superior Verandah Suite guarantee. We still have not been assigned a cabin. TA told us we have an excellent chance in getting an upgrade to a Deluxe Verandah Suite. Probably will find out at thepier. Hope we all have a great cruise.

We actually put a no upgrade hold on our stateroom. I have always wanted an aft balcony and we got one on the same cruise you are on. Just look for the feet on the rail and the smiles on my face. Almost there, just figured it out that as of this very moment we can see the end in hours. 103 and counting.

Good for you! That's wonderful. You will be forever spoiled!

Jo-Ann

Now that's a happy cruiser:D

You can actually feel the excitement in your post.:) Enjoy your balcony,

your breakfasts and your cruise. Have a wonderful time.

Oh and anything special you want for your breakfast... like say ..chocolate croissants or eggs Benedict ;) just write on your breakfast order card.

Congratulations and Bon Voyage!

***Here's a tip.... room service on the balcony is great, but nothing (IMHO) beats standing outside on your balcony, in your jammies, late at night, looking at the reflection of the moon on the water - it's AMAZING!

8110 is a great location IMO! Enjoy!

... nothing (IMHO) beats standing outside on your balcony, in your jammies,
But always remember when you are in port there may be another ship across the pier from you! It seems so many people forget that! :)

Great deal, but let me warn you, Once you're in a verahdah, you won't go back to anything less. Enjoy.

Even though the kids & I were the only ones who really used the verandahs last spring, DW is "insisting" upon verandahs for our planned cruise in 2011. Ah well, we can smell the fresh sea air whenever we desire. It was nice going out early in the morning to watch the sunrise, and to read & relax in the afternoon. And the price differential is not terribly significant between the VEs and the outside cabins. We were very fortunate that even though we'd originally booked outside cabins, the VEs came through for just $20 more per person.

So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...and no matter the cabin, you'll be on a wonderful cruise with a wonderful crew, going to wonderful places, and eating wonderful food.

Archived