Mahogany Bay Beach cabanas on Roatan (MERGED THREADS)

sharkaymon

Has anyone rented one of these recently?

I have a cruise booked for May and the Cabanas aren't even showing as an excursion. I really wanna book one but can't figure out why they're not showing as an option. Thanks in advance.

They weren't showing on our cruise for the longest time, then about a month ago they were liisted under excursions. We sail next Saturday and they are still available. I assume they aren't popular or no one on our cruise is interested?

They weren't showing on our cruise for the longest time, then about a month ago they were liisted under excursions. We sail next Saturday and they are still available. I assume they aren't popular or no one on our cruise is interested?

That seems odd , I mean they are a bit pricey but they look very cool and considering the money people spend on a cruise I would figure they book right up.

• 10 months later...
I just booked a cabana for Jan 12, 2013 Crown Princess sailing..we will have 4 in the cabana, two will be our mothers, ages 86 and 85..they do walk but slow and careful..has anyone used the chaor lift and can tell me how easy it would be to get them on.?

We've used the chair lift there several times. I don't like getting on and off them but the ride is beautiful and worth seeing at least once. I think they can bring the lift to a stop to get someone on if necessary. I know they slow it WAY down for me!

We have also rented the cabana's there and will do so again in the future. The beach in front of the cabana's is so much quieter and less occupied. For me, the air conditioning inside the cabana is a huge plus. We love the cabana's and the customer service that goes with it.

I just booked a cabana for Jan 12, 2013 Crown Princess sailing..we will have 4 in the cabana, two will be our mothers, ages 86 and 85..they do walk but slow and careful..has anyone used the chaor lift and can tell me how easy it would be to get them on.?

Good News... The crew or whoever is in charge of the chair lift will stop the lift to let the Moms both on and then off again...It necessary, they will even help them on... I had my Mom with me on our past cruise and she did better than I did !!!

If you book a cabana do you have to purchase food and drinks while you are there ?

Can you bring a cooler with drinks (soda, water) from the ship with you to the cabana?

DH may want to go back to the ship for lunch (he is not a stay in one place for long person) anyone ever do that and then go back to the cabana?

Do you get to pick a cabana, or do they just pick one for you?

If you book a cabana do you have to purchase food and drinks while you are there ?

Can you bring a cooler with drinks (soda, water) from the ship with you to the cabana?

DH may want to go back to the ship for lunch (he is not a stay in one place for long person) anyone ever do that and then go back to the cabana?

Do you get to pick a cabana, or do they just pick one for you?

We never felt pressured to order and food or drinks (but we always do).

I didn't see anything that said you couldn't bring your own cooler, but I have

never seen anyone do this.

They pick a cabana for you (I've tried to ask for certain ones, and they always have one picked out already).

There shouldn't be any problem at all with going back and forth to the ship.

We never felt pressured to order and food or drinks (but we always do).

I didn't see anything that said you couldn't bring your own cooler, but I have

never seen anyone do this.

They pick a cabana for you (I've tried to ask for certain ones, and they always have one picked out already).

There shouldn't be any problem at all with going back and forth to the ship.

• 9 months later...

The wife and I are going on the Halloween cruise and I just booked a beach cabana, these are available for four and as we are a couple if any other couple wants to share the cost and the cabana let me know, thanks!

Beach Cabana Rental Wed, Oct 30, 2013

8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Beach Cabana Rental

Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

• 3 weeks later...
We have another couple that want to share already, if they change their mind I can let you know.

We're not going until May.

I was just wondering if six would be able to go in one cabana...with a fee, of course.

I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

You may pay for the extra 2 persons once onboard your ship from the Shore Excursion Desk. The price for the extra person ticket is $40.99 per person.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist, any further questions please don’t hesitate to reply to this email.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

• 1 year later...
We are going in 2 weeks, I will take some pictures and our experience

Please note there are much more current threads on this forum where members are asking about the Mahogany Bay cabanas.

Note this particular thread started January 26, 2010 after Mahogany Bay had just opened. Details such as prices and amenities have changed in the last four years. This could cause misinformation to anyone reading the thread and thinking the information was current.

Since this thread information is now outdated, it has been closed to new posts.

Kat emo32.gif