Machu Picchu to close for seven weeks!

marazul

Marazul, PeruRail responded to my email within a few days, and gave me new reservations on the train I requested. So, unless things change again before the end of the month, it seems like I've finally got what I need.

Did you take a taxi to Piscacucho, or did your tour driver take you there? If you took a taxi, did the Casa Andina arrange it for you, and if so, how much was it? I assume a taxi would come back to pick us up when we return from MP. I've read the traffic is pretty well controlled, because the road isn't much more than one lane.

j2ink-

I'm very happy you got your tickets changed. It seems they finally got tehir act together.

We had our driver take us to Piscacucho and pick us up. However, I know Casa Andina can do it. Someone was arranging for it at the desk while we were there. Sorry, I don't know how much.

As for the traffic, don't believe the "well contolled" bit. It is supposed to go one way only for about four hours when trains are leaving and the other way when they return. However, the taxis turn right around when they drop off their passengers, so you have traffic going both ways on the one and a half lane road. There is a lot of pulling over to let the other car go by, but you'll get there on time. Allow an extra half hour to make sure.

Archived