How many kids on Dream 2/13/2010

Dreamcruiser185

Not really- you can cll but will get different numbers.

Will tell you that MANY kids will be onboard that week- Its valentines day AND presidents week- many schools are closed for the week.

We did the mistake once and sailed--- with 800 kids onboard.

Have you checked your roll call for your sailing.?

Make sure your kids attend the first meeting the first night--its very important

We are going on the Dream (2/13/2010) Myself(43), DW(45), and my 2 DD(15, 18). My two DD are wondering how many other kids will be onboard, is there any way to find that info?

That is the first day of the mid winter vacation break in most areas......I would think the ship will be loaded with kids!

Oh lord... :( Mid winter break? What's that? We cruise in February to AVOID children. Sad Panda:(

It is called President's Week, February Recess, Winter Break, etc. The northeast schools (at least NY- probably NJ and CT) have this week off each year. Many people head to the warmer weather during this week. Since schools are out, that means lots of kids on cruises, at Disney, etc.! The Dream is sure to be loaded with kids. Use the Serenity Deck and spa if you feel overwhelmed!:

That is the first day of the mid winter vacation break in most areas......I would think the ship will be loaded with kids!

mid winter vacation break? what the heck is that? I never had anything like that and neither do my kids now...

It is called President's Week, February Recess, Winter Break, etc. The northeast schools (at least NY- probably NJ and CT) have this week off each year. Many people head to the warmer weather during this week. Since schools are out, that means lots of kids on cruises, at Disney, etc.! The Dream is sure to be loaded with kids. Use the Serenity Deck and spa if you feel overwhelmed!:

Nevermind...here is my answer. I am jealous!

Oh lord... :( Mid winter break? What's that? We cruise in February to AVOID children. Sad Panda:(

When you cruise in February-- are head anywhere for that matter-- you want to avoid Presidents week at all costs.

I see you are on a cruise week.

Not really- you can cll but will get different numbers.

Will tell you that MANY kids will be onboard that week- Its valentines day AND presidents week- many schools are closed for the week.

We did the mistake once and sailed--- with 800 kids onboard.

Have you checked your roll call for your sailing.?

Make sure your kids attend the first meeting the first night--its very important

If you are talking about making sure the kids go to the youth program orientation the 1st night the 18yo is too old for Club O2, the cut off is 17 and they are very strict about it.

This year (we're aboard Conquest) will be our fourth President's Week cruise, and last year we were on the same itinerary as Dream (then it was Glory). My experience with President's Week cruises is that there are plenty of kids, but nowhere near as many as summer cruises because it's only a limited number of states where the school are closed for the whole week. We (from NY) seem to meet families from Michigan and Massachusetts fairly often. (Most schools in NJ are not off the whole week - one or two days at most.)

I am with you on that.....I have never heard of such a thing......

Looks like I will be using the Serenity Area alot.....LOL.....

:D

I am with you on that.....I have never heard of such a thing......

Back during one of the 1970's energy crises, they asked schools to close for a week in February to conserve fuel. Some states never gave it up. Our school district tried to get rid of it one year but too many people protested, so we still have the February break. The down side is that our kids are in school until the last week of June to make up for it.

My daughters ages 4 and 6 will be on this sailing. Oldest will turn 15 on the last night of the cruise.

According to John Heald's blog he said there was going to be 351 kids on this sailing but didn't give the breakdown of the age group. (Thanks to Melissa (firedisney97) for asking him)

We picked this week since it is February vacation week in our state and it cost less than April vacation week. Whatever week President's day falls on the schools close for that week.

I looked on John's blog but could not find the part where he mentions the number of kids on the Feb 13th sailing. Any idea where it is?

Thanks

In the Q&A Section of yesterday's post (2-2-2010) find the post with the question from Melissa and the answer will from John will be right under it. Usually his Q&A Section is toward the top of the blog posting in a gray box

This break is not unique to the US. I live in SK and we and AB (perhaps not all of each province) both have it. Cruised last year and ship was full of kids, we expected that and it wasn't horrible.

I can't wait till DD15 is out of school so we can avoid these more expensive times to travel. You might have noticed that this year cruises the week of Feb 15th are priced higher than the week before or after - we sure did.

Archived