early flight - Tampa

Fam Vaca

Just to be safe, be sure to check in online or have someone ashore do it for you. Tampa is one of the fastest airports in the country. Non rush hour traffic, port to airport is 15 min or less, before 9AM it might take you longer, but not much more than 30-40 min. Check your bags at the curb and take the escalator up to your gate. It's a breeze.....

Just to be safe, be sure to check in online or have someone ashore do it for you. Tampa is one of the fastest airports in the country. Non rush hour traffic, port to airport is 15 min or less, before 9AM it might take you longer, but not much more than 30-40 min. Check your bags at the curb and take the escalator up to your gate. It's a breeze.....

Ditto....

I travel a good amount for work and I am SO thankful that Tampa is my home airport!

yes that would be great. I flew out of Tampa off the Legend last July. I took Carnival's advice and did not schedule my flight till 2. I was off the ship and at the airport by 9am and could not even check into my flight till after 11. I had to spend the day at the airport.HA HA:(

You could always go to the FL Aquarium before heading to the airport, since it's right there at the port. International Plaza Mall is right near the airport if you wanted to walk around and window shop.

Thanks for the ideas. I can change to the Noon flight at no cost. It just makes me nervous that we might dock late and I won't make the flight. What's the chance of this actually happening?

You could always go to the FL Aquarium before heading to the airport, since it's right there at the port. International Plaza Mall is right near the airport if you wanted to walk around and window shop.

We are considering doing just that but does anyone know if there is anywhere we could store our luggage or would we have to carry it around with us?

We are considering doing just that but does anyone know if there is anywhere we could store our luggage or would we have to carry it around with us?

I think there is a company right outside the cruise terminal that will store luggage for a fee.

Archived