Sensation with two 17 year old girls

STAM

I am planning a summer 3 day trip on the Sensation. I will be traveling with two 17 (almost 18) year old girls. I know they are anxious to partake in "adult-type" activities, but I also want some age responsible restraint. This is only my 2nd cruise and 1st time with Carnival.

Question #1: Are 17 year olds allowed on the serenity deck?

Question #2: Are 17 year olds permitted to see the late night entertainment?

Question #3: Are 17 year olds allowed to dance in the nightclubs?

I want the girls to enjoy themselves, but I don't want them to have access to alcohol.

Advice or suggestions are welcome!

I am planning a summer 3 day trip on the Sensation. I will be traveling with two 17 (almost 18) year old girls. I know they are anxious to partake in "adult-type" activities, but I also want some age responsible restraint. This is only my 2nd cruise and 1st time with Carnival.

I want the girls to enjoy themselves, but I don't want them to have access to alcohol.

Their cards will not allow them to buy alcohol for themselves however there is alcohol available all over the ship. Drinking age on board is 21 so unless they get people to get it for them you are ok. The late night entertainment is usually not a problem if they look old enough. Don't know about the serenity deck (I would think no on this) but as far as dancing, I think they can dance til something like midnight at which point they are supposed to be out. From what I have seen from my son's opportunities (last cruise he was almost 16), they won't be stopped doing much of anything as long as they are acting properly. I would encourage them to get together with other kids their own age- in the end more fun than pretending to be "all grown up".

Get them to sign up for Club 02. They will meet people around their age there and with it being summer I am sure there will be a lot! From my experiences, there is usually someone outside of the nightclub checking for ID...unless the girls look well over 18, they may not be carded. The serenity deck is for 18+ as it is "adults only". I don't believe anyone walks around checking for ID, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem staying there as long as other people don't have a problem with it and say something to one of the attendants. As for night entertainment, they can go to all of the shows, there may or may not be an R rated comedy show on your 3 day cruise. I have only sailed on 5 and 7 days where there has always been one, so this I am not sure. However, unless they look well underage they won't be asked to leave. It's really at your discretion what they can and can not take part in. But I would suggest them going to Club 02 where they can partake in more age appropriate activities, and chose to go to as little or as many of them as they want. They may just find a few people there and hang out on their own outside of the club.

Under 18 are not allowed on the Serenity Deck, late night entertainment or the nightclubs.

I have only seen IDs checked at the disco. If they look old enough and are just lounging I do not see a problem in the Serenity Deck. We've had our under 18 kids with us at the late night comedians. The only under 18's I have seen kicked out were the ones in the front heckling (& ruining) the comedian.

Have the check out Club 02 on the first night. It is geared for their age. They have dances, etc for them.

Archived