How safe are the beaches?

Jo and Rob

Jewellery is shiny in water ...not a good idea for curious fish .Better not to wear any .Keep it for nightime on the ship

I was VERY scared in Jamaica .I now do not even CONSIDER a cruise if it goes there Were I to find one I would not get off the ship .I have been 3 times 3 times was scared and uncomfortable with VENDORS in your face .and people with cute cigarettes selling or alluring my kids .....SORRY not for me

On the Island in November, Ocho Rios was a stop. Based on memories of being hassled by locals and since we had visited Dunns River on a previous cruise we considered staying on board. We decided to get off and just walked around-and during the entire day we only encountered one person who was offering to sell drugs. We ended up at the beach right near the pier, and for somewhere around $5 pr so per person we enjoyed a lovely afternoon with a chair and shade trees. No hassling-just a handful of cruise passengers and families enjoying thier holiday. It was a pleasant surprise!!

Archived