Family stateroom with large balcony - any experience??

swissfamily

Celebrity has a balcony cabin (family suite) that is located at the back of the boat - balcony is at the back instead of sides. Are there disadvantages to this? It almost seems too good to be true as it is a large balcony and great size room for the money. Has anyone been in a similar cabin?

Thanks!

I assume you are talking about the FV class on the Millenium class ships. We have stayed in one of these cabins before. They were huge by comparison to a standard balcony. In our case we had a "hallway" that had a door on it before you got to the cabin. It was excellent for storing strollers, and suitcases. The room it self was quite large set up like a standard cabin with the lav to the right and the same number of counter tops and drawers, bed and end tables. then there was a semi opaque partion with a sliding door that led to a seating area with two fold out couches, coffee table and a desk area. This was the kids area. It was almost as big as the first cabin area again. The came the HUGE corner balcony. It was large enough for two loungers and a full size table with four chairs. (great for breakfast). Overall for the size of room and balcony space it beats sky suite, and celebrity suite (no balcony).

There may be some disadvantage to being at the very back of the ship. It was the only time I ever felt heavy motion but it was only on one night and not enough to cause anyone discomfort. Its a bit longer walk to the elevator but it never bothered us. We were fortunate to get this room since there was only three of us and I believe they hold the room for families of 5 or more but I could mistaken.

Hope that helps,

John

LOVED IT!!! prefer Aft anyway but the M class Fv are spectacular! My son had his room and we had ours and we all had an unbelievable balcony. Was booked on the Seranade for this April but when saw the FV on the summit we junmped ship!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I have been in 8166, the corner aft FOV twice for ten night trips and they cannot, CANNOT, be beat.

There is no downside. There is ample room, an incredible view, lots of storage, etc. Try very hard not to lose this wonderful cabin!

The only downside is facing another cabin some other trip that isn't its equal!

fern

100_1669.jpg.852002a42e2c763787f37c1c5522707d.jpg Balcony

100_1709.jpg.bcbf075518836bc59b51a675369e00e1.jpg Extra bed

100_1710.jpg.f6146cd68769c727833ed468e4eac2ed.jpg Extra bed

100_1712.jpg.ff8fe0b4b280ce5018981cec6282c490.jpg main cabin

We loved this cabin...best yet. I tried to attach pictures. You have a wider and larger cabin space area, plus a sliding door leading to two couch areas that make into beds, and finally an awesome balcony. Enjoy!!!

Archived